Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok getting this problem where i cant kick straight properly and ALL my passes curves however do get to the target where i want to hit.

however i would like to do straight passes with some power. all ends up curving.

i dont think i am bending my foot enough so i can kick the ball straight with the side of my foot?? maybe i was born with shtted feet.

help
:sob:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
You have to hit it through and straight
Its about the technique
But really its all about your swing and where and how you hit the ball
Hit it straight as a arrow with your knee swing straight rather than across

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
I used to have the same problem. First, if you want to play it straight, like has been said hit in the middle of the ball, bend your knee more, and hit right in the middle of your foot. And NEVER hit it on the inside of your foot, or across the ball, if you're trying to drive it powerfully. Hope that helps, it's hard to describe. Watch the pros and replicate, if you don't understand that.

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jbmarine7 said:
I used to have the same problem. First, if you want to play it straight, like has been said hit in the middle of the ball, bend your knee more, and hit right in the middle of your foot. And NEVER hit it on the inside of your foot, or across the ball, if you're trying to drive it powerfully. Hope that helps, it's hard to describe. Watch the pros and replicate, if you don't understand that.
arghh thanks, if i am gonna drive then which part best to kick? front of the shoe?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
If you can always keep your foot straight and dig underneath the ball :D

As others have said hitting one side of the ball will cause rotaion which spins the ball.

It's useful to actually bend the ball as you can decieve people or make a pass you couldn;t if playing it straight! always remember that.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yeah, if you kick with the front of your toe you usually end up with a) A really sore front of your foot, b) A really, REALLY crappy pass, or, more frequently c) Both of those. Hit it with your laces. Learning to drive it really well isn't just good for shots. It also helps when you need to play really long passes, which you can't do with the inside of your foot.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Swift, give up, if you aint got it at 18, you never will have :pp

i'll phone Wenger and cancel that contract. ;) :D

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jern Lizardhous said:
Swift, give up, if you aint got it at 18, you never will have :pp

i'll phone Wenger and cancel that contract. ;) :D
no damit, i can do it!!!

*trains the fearsome muscles*

see see?!?!

nah the only problem with my game is power, i can never shoot the ball hard enough. my 2 years being leading goal scorer, all my goals were run-around the goalie types. or curve shots, oh i am so weak :(

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Or you could play for Liverpool and England, pick up 65000 pounds a week and marry a fat missus :D

The most obvious thing is just work on your technique, surely? Bend your back more, hit the ball in the middle with the flat of your foot in a sharp jab-like motion, train the opposite foot and whatever else you need?

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Politician said:
Or you could play for Liverpool and England, pick up 65000 pounds a week and marry a fat missus :D
:howler: Exactly. Move for an astronomical transfer fee. Sign up on a huge contract. Then struggle with injuries for two years, score 3 times in your entire career with the club, then move on when a rich Russian buys out a rival and injects hundreds of millions of dollars into the club, then struggle with injuries to the point where you are seen playing so infrequently for the club that people aren't even sure if you're alive anymore. You can do that without having to attain any kicking power really.;)

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
try makeing your follow threw go toward ur target`

1 - 17 of 17 Posts