Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 22, living in England and this weekend will be the first time that I will see milan play live in the san siro:excited:. Plus it will be only my second live football game ever. Before this year I'd had never seen a live football game, this due to the fact that I live in Cornwall, a county in Engalnd with a single football team in the English league :( My friends used to joke that I must have been the biggest football fan for my age never to have seen a live game.

So this weekend after years of trying, I convinced some a couple of my friends to fly over to milan to watch the game vs sampdoria. After 12 years of supporting this great team I cant wait :D

As well as seeing a great game, its a chance for me to visit the city of milan. So, can anyone reccomend to me any places in milan that i should make sure that I visit. Also can anyone reccomend to me any nice restaurants that I should go to, I love italian food and I want to make sure I sample the best of it whilst I am there. Finally, where in milan should i go to in milan for the nightlife?

I cannot believe i am going to get to see maldini et al. I get butterflies just thinking about walking into that san siro stadium for the first time.
It will be a weekend to remember!

·
Registered
43,406 Posts
You are one very lucky guy ... ENJOY IT BIG TIME>

The tradition says we will be expecting the LIVE report after you come back. :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Fantastic Gluck :star:

No need to ask about restaurants and stuff, just follow the flow, you'll manage don't worry.

P.S. Nera Stazione Centrale their is even a road called Via Gluck (Gluck Road) ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bono said:
The tradition says we will be expecting the LIVE report after you come back. :)
I will do my best though it might include a few hundred "wows!!!" :D

Diavolo said:
P.S. Nera Stazione Centrale their is even a road called Via Gluck (Gluck Road)
I guess its must be some kind of destiny then.
With any luck I might I meet Galliani whilst walking along this road and have him offer me a job working within milan, maybe with milan season tickets included in the pay packet ;)
Would solve all my problems with finding a job for when finishing university this summer.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By the way, does can anyone tell me any useful italian phrases that I might like to try and remember. Can only speak english and french, know the odd italian word but not really that much.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Vaffanculo Juve should do enough ;)

At least you shouldn't be beaten up by Inter nor Milanfans so it's a good thing to say if you get lost I guess :D

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Enjoy my friend and let us know about your wonderful experience. ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
gluck28 said:
By the way, does can anyone tell me any useful italian phrases that I might like to try and remember. Can only speak english and french, know the odd italian word but not really that much.
Don't worry Gluck :cool:

1 usefull thing: trasportation costs 1 Euro, you can travel for 75 minutes with that ticket (you need to stamp it on the bus/metro/tram when your travel starts) even using more than one bus or undeground line. You can buy tickets at news stands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts