Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really am excited about this coming season. Roma look strong and Napoli are back in the top flight.

I bet Zeman does wonders with Napoli. A Uefa spot would be his target!

On to Roma, i see that you all have new ideas on the new look Roma. I agree with most of you, but i still think we should sell ZAGO.(Whats with the head band!)

The new strip look cool, i will not be getting one as i have no muscles to show off!!!!

I have not been to this site for long, but i will try to get here more often. Good to see a heap of new Roma fans on the site tho.

II LUPO, looking forward to seeing your site. I have a heap of Roma pics if you need them. Over 3 meg!

FORZA ROMA

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah I'm very excited about the new season. This is the best Roma team for years and Capello is outstanding as a coach - firm but fair. I just hope Roma are able to maintain a consistency throughout the season and not faulter like usual half way into the season.

The thought of this new Roma team is the only thing that has stopped me despairing this summer after the heartbreak of Euro2000. I hope there is no Euro2000 hangover for any of the Roma players who were in the Italian squad.

Being new to this site I want to say I'm happy to have the chance to be in contact with other football fans, especially Roma supporters.

Forza Roma

·
Registered
392 Posts
Neither can i guys,to see Bati and Totti together is like a dream,plus Emerson,i can't even imagine.Lets hope they'll live up to expectations,but i know they will!!!!!!!
GiallorossiUno,
Let me greet you offically,and say welcome to the best fans on this forum ;) !!!
We always appreciate a new tifosi of Roma here!!!!
GJC,bro, i'll drop you an e-mail,i got alot of pics too,but i'm always looking for more.I'll keep in touch and thanks!
Anybody else with suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome.

I too am very excited by Emerson his last coach in Germany called him the most complete player in the work. The Brazilian national coach said defensively he is better than Dunga and offensively he is like Leonardo. Capello said that not only can Emerson play anywhere in midfield, when he plays as the holding midfielder Emerson reminds him of Frank Rikjard.

Also Samuel is a very outstanding prospect - I read an article that stated that when Samuel plays for Boca the team gets a extra 5% to 6% posession than when he is not in the team - and he is a defender not a midfielder!! He has been liked to Daniel Passerella and he also scores a few goals as well which is great.

This could be Roma season.

Forza Roma
Grazie Sensi for all your hard work

·
Registered
986 Posts
O Man O Man O Man!!! Hearing/reading you guys talk about Roma like this is sooooo exciting! :D

I wrote somewhere on this site that being an American doesn't give me much of a chance to learn or discuss much world football: It is difficult to find any games, much less the ones I want, and nearly impossible to find people to talk about the sport with. For example, after Italy's loss to France in Euro, my only friend who I could talk heart-to-heart about the match with is from France, so you can imagine how that conversation went... :rolleyes:

Anyway, I have only KNOWN about Roma for a year...but to know them is to love them, and I can't believe that their last scudetto was in, what, '82-'83?

They look unstoppable this year, especially with the other biggies making so many changes. I don't know much about Italian football but it stands to reason that since Roma are basically the same team as last season except for a few amazing additions, the team should be stronger without sacrificing any chemistry.

Since you guys are really my only outlet to learn about and discuss Roma/Italian football, where do you think Roma's weaknesses will be? I personally hope they have a strong enough defense to allow Candela room to run up the flank. And what about the keeper situation? Antonioli will remain starter this year, right?

FORZA ROMA!! :cool:
LAZIO = PUTTANE ;)

[Edited by romAntics on 25-07-2000 at 20:15]

·
Registered
247 Posts
With the signings of Batistuta, Samuel and Emerson Roma has done great on the market. And if you compare with the other teams, i would say we have made the greatest purchases. About Samuel i read that Aldair voted him as one of the greatest defenders in the world. When lazio meet Bayer Leverkusen last year, Emerson was the king on the field. And about Batistuta, there is nothing to say, except that he is the Greatest. LUPO, what about some predictions about the team, lineup, scorers etc, on your site??

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ciao romAntics
I know it is difficult not to have someone to talk to about football and now that you have fallen in love with Roma you will be even more desparate to talk to other supporters.

This Roma team is their best in a long time, perhaps at last the Scudetto will return to the red and yellow half of Rome. It has been a long time coming. In Emerson we have a midfield talisman that we have not had since Falcao. Bati is class and with Totti supplying the passes it should be an awesome sight.

Last season we conceded 34 goals and our defensive frailities were critised, but this season we have bolster that defense with Walter Samuel - who has been described as the most important South America defender of his generation (and he is only 22years old!!) Zebina is also a special young talent. With the experience of Aldair, the skills of Cafu and Candela on the wings - I feel confident that defensively we are a stronger unit.Our midfield is also much improve, the addition of Emerson to join with Assuncao and Zanetti - it is both a creative and defensive midfield which means that Cafu and Candela will be able to break down the wings and cause alot of damage to other teams. A lot of people feel that Antonioli is the weak link but although he isn't a glamourous goalie he is solid and effective (but I can't help but wish we had got Toldo as it seemed we might before Euro 2000).
For me the Roma weakness is as it always is - mentality. Will Capello be able to install the right attitude and belief in the players that even when the chips are down we must not give up, we must fight. Too many times in the past Roma have let their heads drop when things and luck have turned against them. This is Roma's ultimate weakness. But with Capello I feel this can change. Also with Bati on the field Roma will have an advantage as he is a true leader and inspires others around him with his tireless running (for years at Fiorentina it was he who everyone;the players, fans and management; looked to for genius and he didn't let them down). I have been a Roma supporter all my life and this teams excites me more than any team since the 82/83 championship.

Forza Roma

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Roma's weakness is Lazio

if Roma can overcome their obsession with Lazio they wold become a superb team. At INTER we could never ever say that o.k. we won't win the scudetto this season so we will win the derby for the fans.....the fans would pelt us with eggs.

Simply because the fans couldn't care less about Milan unless we are doing better than them.

·
Declining Star
472 Posts
Hello to you all !
As you can see im new too, first i come to talk about Real Madrid, but i saw there is also Italian forum so here i am !
Its nice to see there is much people who likes Roma.
FORZA CANDELA !

·
Registered
392 Posts
Let me first off welcome ASRoma to the forum,
Wow,2 new Roma fans on the board in one week thats a record!! :)
I must admit i'm getting pumped up listening to all this myself!!
I still can't believe that we have the mighty Batistuta upfront with the best playmaker in Totti,please,its too good to be true.What i can't wait to see is this free flowing play that Emerson and Totti will provide the team with.With the four at the back it gives us more security at the back.Someone mentioned Samuel scoring goals,thats cause its usually off the corner.With him,Aldair and Bati in the 18 for corners that could be scary for opposing teams.
However for me,our key player with out a doubt is Batistuta.
Sure Totti is just as big,but for a player to be added to the mix of the existing team that we already had,he's just so huge!!
1)Adds leadership.Takes the edge off Totti.Cause when we hit that stage that wvery team hits,where we lose a couple or stuggle a bit.All the pressure won;t be on Totti like last and add to his fustration.And Tazz,the first thing he said was that lets forget Lazio,the season is not all about two games but every single one!!!!
2)Setpieces-One of Roma's weaknesses,that will be improved with Bati.Its these little things like set pieces that can crush a team if scored.
3)Top-Class.This guy has made his living in Serie A,we don't have to wait a year like Lazio with Lopez and Juve with Trezequet to get adapted to Serie A.He scores with ease and grace.We don't have to watch 3 or 4 chances wasted like with Montella and Delvecchio.Usually its one chance and its in the back of the net.
Capello also has a big job ahead of him,to keep all his players happy and make room for all.Nakata already said that he's basically looking out for himself first,but is willing to be patient a little bit anyway.
But it will be guys like Di Francesco and Tommasi that will add character to this team in situations like this!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts