Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see on TV nedved shots are like a bullet. i try to shoot, however its never ever as powerful. like, my problem is i just cant shoot poewrful enough. most of my goals i dribble past everyone and slot it in. i just cant seem to do those powerful shots, however i wish i could.

can anyone tell me how to get the most power?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Theres already a thread made about this kind of subject:)

BTW Your leg and Ankle strengh is very important for hard shots
Some people have Natural power but you have to get excellent Technique aswell if you want to be like Nedved

Ankle wieghts are a good resistance when practicing
Use them from time to time But wear them alot around the house

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
hit the center of the ball dont swing hard just meet the center

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Well if you want the opinion of a guy that shoots it at 100 Km/H, with not even that much training, its all about yes the technique, and if you understand how to shoot it. Also, no offense, but take me, its not my fault but I was born with natural strong legs, so my suggestion to you is to look at the great shooters like Nedved and Adriano, mostly adriano on free kicks, and see slowly how he gets it, see the way he bends, also work out your abs and legs and you will see an improvment, and of course practice!

·
Registered
418 Posts
The follow through is the most important part of good shooting IMHO

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
My advice would be that it's definately not all about leg strength. My legs are destinctly twig-like, but I can ping a ball harder than most people. It's about technique more than pure strength IMO.

I don't know if you've ever played golf, but the concept is similar - it's not how hard you swing that matters, but how you connect with ball i.e. the middle of your foot with the middle of the ball. So, my advice is to practice kicking the ball a short distance (say 20 yards) but just practice making a nice, crisp contact (I can;t really explain why, but you'll know when you hit it just right) . Then try 30 yards by kicking it bit harder, and so on.

Sorry if that was a bit long winded. :eek:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mutu1875 said:
My advice would be that it's definately not all about leg strength. My legs are destinctly twig-like, but I can ping a ball harder than most people. It's about technique more than pure strength IMO.

I don't know if you've ever played golf, but the concept is similar - it's not how hard you swing that matters, but how you connect with ball i.e. the middle of your foot with the middle of the ball. So, my advice is to practice kicking the ball a short distance (say 20 yards) but just practice making a nice, crisp contact (I can;t really explain why, but you'll know when you hit it just right) . Then try 30 yards by kicking it bit harder, and so on.

Sorry if that was a bit long winded. :eek:
thanks

so overall i guess i gotta hit it in the sweet spot (middle) and follow it through. :star:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Well theres a special way of hitting the sweet spot

You also have to convert some power from your body into the kick
Arm shoulder and hip movement will help you, As you would see from watching videos of the players I reccomended

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amantino said:
Well theres a special way of hitting the sweet spot

You also have to convert some power from your body into the kick
Arm shoulder and hip movement will help you, As you would see from watching videos of the players I reccomended
yea thanks i seen that, the players actually "jump" in the air.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Amantino said:
... you have to get excellent Technique aswell ...
Exactamende!

Of course the strength of you leg is important, but the right technique when it comes to hitting the ball and running towards the ball is equally important.

I'd say a perfect hit shot can be much more powerful than a shot, where we don't exactly hit it properly.

In the end it's the way you hit the ball that counts. Roberto Carlos and his massive legs wouldn't be worth shite if he hadn't the right kicking technique. Beckham is an even better example. He shoots with a lot of power - especially after the way he strikes the ball - and I bet he hasn't the power of Carlos in his legs. His amazing kicking technique makes up for that, though.

:)

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Here's one technique you can use, I too have serious difficulty shooting however I discovered this new tenique.

I call it the 'Gerrard Arch':

When you go to kick the ball, use the front of your foot (IE kick the ball with your laces) and while you are doing that, you either lift your back up to make it go high OR arch your back forward either way you will get great power once you release the ball. MAKE SURE that you follow through.

I score tons now.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yeah, as has been said it's not just about swinging your leg through it. I used to be terrible at shooting from further than the penalty spot, but now I can strike the ball from 30m out and me confident, with either foot.

The BIGGEST thing is getting up in the air when you shoot, and landing on your shooting foot. I don't know why, but that's added loads of power to my shot. Although it won't come straight away. Practise, practise, practise, practise. Do it all the time. Even when you're passing it with mates, make 40m passes and hit them like shots. Your power will increase greatly. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Another thing is to make sure that you have your foot planted by the ball. You want to more so step into your shot and make sure that you have a good base with you plant foot . Keep your body square and you will have more power. Try to not lean back to far or you will end up sky-ing the ball.

Hope it helps.

Oh yeah...if you have a goal to shoot on take about 10-15 balls out and just hit them over and over. The reason for bringing so many balls is that you spend more time hitting and less time shagging your shanked shots.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts