Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:howler: Max Vieri has been called for the game against South Africa :eek:

...he's crappy!!!!! In Napoli he's not starter,and don't is a great striker...

Are u so desperate in attack?????:eek: :eek:

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
i think this is pointed towards Harry Kewell,considering he has a condition that doesn't allow him to fly ANYWHERE that is 2 or more hours away,he isn't commited to us,Max Vieri on the other hand would be,why?coz this is his chance to play international football,just like Massimo Margiotta.

To Frank Farina i say goodonya,thinking out of the box.

·
*the drum drum*
42,570 Posts
Arianna said:
No he's not better but worst then him!!!:howler: :howler:
So he'll go more than 20+ games without a goal?! :dazed:

I bet he'll end up a decent player for Australia... Farina will use some excuse "he brings European experience to the team" or something stupid like that :D

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tolga said:
So he'll go more than 20+ games without a goal?! :dazed:

I bet he'll end up a decent player for Australia... Farina will use some excuse "he brings European experience to the team" or something stupid like that :D
this season played 20 games and scored 3 times but...all penalties!:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Vieri gets Australia call Wednesday 17 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max Vieri, brother of Christian, has expressed his satisfaction at being called up for Australia.

The Napoli striker, born in Sydney when his father was playing for Marconi, is set to make his debut against South Africa on March 30.

"It is a great feeling," said the Serie B player. "I was obviously born there and it is my dream to play in the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

"It is very satisfying for me and I¡¦ll once more be able to play alongside a few men that I played with as a kid in Australia.

"But after the tie I will return to Napoli as soon as possible. There are 14 games left this term and I¡¦m keen to be a part of them all."

Vieri had stated last month that he was ready to play for Australia with himself being unlikely to feature alongside his brother for Italy.

Vicenza striker Massimo Margiotta made a similar move earlier this year when he opted to feature for Venezuela.

channel4

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Arianna said:
Are u so desperate in attack?????:eek: :eek:
When everyone is fit and in-form Max won't get close to the Socceroo shirt.

Upfront we currently have the following feasible options:

Mark Viduka (Leeds) - Starter (for club)
Harry Kewell (Liverpool) - Starter
John Aloisi (Osasuna) - Starter/Squad Rotation
Paul Agostino (1860 Munich) - Recent injury nightmare, comes off the bench
Mile Sterjovski (Lille) - Squad Rotation
Clayton Zane (Anderlecht) - Recent injury nightmare, only just coming back
Josh Kennedy (Koln) - Young and promising, comes off the bench
David Zdrilic (Aberdeen) - Squad rotation
Scott McDonald (Motherwell) - U23 player, starter
Danny Invincible (Kilmarnock) - Starter

I don't mind us having a look at and testing untried and uncapped players, but what pisses me off is we've had someone like Sasa Radulovic (RW Oberhausen) banging them in in the German Second Division for the past couple of seasons but he hasn't been given a chance, simply because his surname isn't "Vieri".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts