Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am watching a DVD of Milan-Juventus from2001 and am reminded that Federico Giunti was a regular starter in our midfield. Hard to believe we were that tbadly off at one time. Any other players you can't belove actually started for us? And no, Favalli, Seedorf, Kaladze and Brocchi don't count. ;)

·
1st Tier Poster
49,973 Posts
I've also noticed a lot of Seedorf bashing here. i hope I've missed some kind of inside joke here and you people don't really think that about Seedorf...

Although to think about it he has been bashed after every couple of months pretty much throughout his whole Milan career.

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
Well honestly, signing a one hit wonder is better than signing someone like Pancaro or Favalli, no?

Weirdly enough, we have seen the outcomes :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well honestly, signing a one hit wonder is better than signing someone like Pancaro or Favalli, no?

Weirdly enough, we have seen the outcomes :D

Actually, Pancaro and Favalli are both solid useful Serie A players. It figures many fans would appreciate a one hit wonder more. Anybody recall the cry for David Sauzo?

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
There was really no "cry" actually, because Inter were always on him but then somehow Galliani agreed a deal with Cagliari and decided to announce it as official :wallbang:

We were never close to him before that.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Of course this the perfect place to mention Kluivert and the german fullback who's name escapes me.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There was really no "cry" actually, because Inter were always on him but then somehow Galliani agreed a deal with Cagliari and decided to announce it as official :wallbang:

Whatever. Many still wanted that guy.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JM was ok. Anybody remember Julio Cesar?

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I am watching a DVD of Milan-Juventus from2001 and am reminded that Federico Giunti was a regular starter in our midfield. Hard to believe we were that tbadly off at one time. Any other players you can't belove actually started for us? And no, Favalli, Seedorf, Kaladze and Brocchi don't count. ;)
Just in the last 10 years?

Our defence was so bad that Jose Chamot was an indesputable starter
N'Gotty
Diego D'Ascentis for half a season
Pierluigi Orlandini for a third of a season
Luigi Sala for the Zaccheroni era

I guess pretty much all those Zaccheroniesque players, and Thomas Helveg outside of those 2 good years he had with us was pretty much scrap material.

Guly was Mr. Scudetto in 99, played 10 -12 games out of this world.
Then, landed, and was garbage.

Another player not exactly gifted but a great sub was Ganz. Sempre segna giu!

Ibou Ba. Man, do you really want a list of this? It is scary bad

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
The Uruguayan, Pablo Garcia, was that his name? Something like that. He wasn't exactly memorable in a good way. At least Giunti had one moment most people will remember--his free kick against Inter.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Garcia never started. He hardly even played but of course wound up in the Emerson/Favalli "I can't believe he is playing" category. He was more hardman than anything although played a great holding mid for the Celestes

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bern, almost everything from 1997 to 2001 was a travesty, with a few obvious exceptions. :D

·
Registered
32,678 Posts

You can have him now. :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts