Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in December, I could smell it. Now, I can see it. :D

LO SCUDETTO!

Number 17 is in sight and it is only 10 points away. If we get 10 points out of a possible 15, then there is no way Roma can catch us and we will lift the Scudetto once again. Let's take a look at the run home.

Milan

A - Siena
A - Udinese
H - Roma
A - Reggina
H - Brescia

Roma

H - Lazio
A - Modena
H - Empoli
A - Milan
H - Perugia
A - Sampdoria

We are currently on 72 points, Roma is on 63 and Juventus is 62. But Roma has a game in hand which means they can narrow the margin to 6 points. That's if they defeat Lazio in the derby of course. They were 0-0 early in the 2nd half before the match was called off. If they get the win this time round, then they will have only 5 matches to chase 6 points. If this happens, then the maximum points Roma can get is 15. This would put them on a very respectable 81. This means we only need 10 points to make it out of reach for Roma. 3 wins and 1 draw with a game to spare. We can do it and we will do it.

FORZA MILAN!

:star: x 17

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
the roma game will be key, if we dont win our moral might be broken....

also if we are close on the final day lets all pray that baggio does not end his career in memorable fashion ;)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
our match with roma will be a key match to decide the winners of the scudetto. but i think a draw will serve us good and keep the margin between us intact.

thank god the run-in fixtures aren't that difficult, and i think our elimination form the cl helps alot as we can now concentrate on the matches and avoid injuries and fatigue. i only hope our players don't get burned out like real madrid!

other than that i think we are well placed to win #17 :happy:

afterall, i think we really deserve it :cool:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
This fixture list is not an easy one for us! Haven't we learnt enough of under-estimating a side to last a lifetime?

It ain't over till its over. We are close but anything can happen and from past history in the league it could go down to the wire.

We are far from home and dry. The next two games are crucial and winning them would put us in a comfortable position.

For now points are important. Scrappy wins will do as long as the points are accumulated. Would be heart-breaking to throw away a season like this in the Serie A. At least here we played some excellent football throughout and broke records.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
i still think that if baggio decides to go out with a bang he could cost us lo scudetto if we havnt wrapped it up by then....so we should do so.

best way is to crush roma like we have done 3 times already...i think a 2-1 would be nice :) :D :pp ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
All matches are important, but for me the Udinese game is the most crucial one (well, and the Roma game too).

The Udinese game can prove to be very tricky for us, they are the only team that defeated us this season and they have been playing some good football so far (i'm not mentioning the fact that we play away because we play equally great at home and away). A bad result here could put unwanted extra-pressure on the team before the Roma game. On the other hand, if we beat Udinese we will have a healthy lead over Roma and there will be less pressure for the Roma game.....in which we will crush them.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I think you guys should be fine considering you got past your first big huddle against Empoli. That was when the stakes wehre the highest and the morale the lowest. But you will recover.

ALso, I didn't think that was a penalty, but things happen all the time like that, so fair enough.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
When we expect to crush - than we crush :D ;)
Its the matches when we think of playing safe - we lose badly like against Depor.
The only reason we will lose to Roma is if we believe we have already the scudetto wrapped up.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I don't expect to crush Roma,For example away at Siena is going to be tough.These sides should'nt be underestimated as they're.You can't just crush anyone,Udinese is a real 6 pointer away IMO.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Giallorosso_01 said:
I hope your players think like some of you and expect to crush Roma.

:)
i never knew a 2-1 is a crushing and there was no mention of crushing roma...just me saying another 2-1 would be nice :)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
the udinese game realy worries me. the game against siena wont be easy at all by i think we will get the 3 points

for the roma game i wou´ldn´t mind having papparesta as the ref:tongue:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
We are getting closer and closer to this target. But we should remain focused and not scream victory too soon. Only when the absolute mathematical certainty will confirm it, then we can let our celebrations star!!!:)

FORZA RAGAZZI!!!:star::proud: :cool:
TUTTI INSIEME VERSO SCUDETTO # 17!!!!:star: :star: :proud: :cool:

Cheers.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts