Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the time we are finished with our analyses of the match and the disastrous World Cup for Portugal, everyone from the team cook to God will be blamed. But, I would just like to point out that the demise of this team occurred on February 19 at Real Madrid’s Bernabeu Stadium. Real Madrid played Porto on a game that was televised here in the States on ESPN2.

In that game, Deco fouled Figo very hard and caused the injury that has dogged Figo since then. Anyone who has come to appreciate his game knows that he has not been himself sice that game. After the injury, he rushed back to play in Real’s Copa del Rey final against Deportivo on March 6, the date of Madrid’s centenary celebration. He came back too quickly and got hurt again.

We saw in the Champoins League final and through the World Cup, that the head and heart were there, but the ankle was not.

You can talk the injury of Simao, the decisions of Oliveira, the red cards of JVP and Beto, but there is nothing that caused this situation more than Figo’s injured ankle.

Thanks, Deco. I hope Porto finally pulls the trigger and does send you to Spain. That way, Figo will see you a couple of times a year.

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
selecao2002 said:
By the time we are finished with our analyses of the match and the disastrous World Cup for Portugal, everyone from the team cook to God will be blamed. But, I would just like to point out that the demise of this team occurred on February 19 at Real Madrid’s Bernabeu Stadium. Real Madrid played Porto on a game that was televised here in the States on ESPN2.

In that game, Deco fouled Figo very hard and caused the injury that has dogged Figo since then. Anyone who has come to appreciate his game knows that he has not been himself sice that game. After the injury, he rushed back to play in Real’s Copa del Rey final against Deportivo on March 6, the date of Madrid’s centenary celebration. He came back too quickly and got hurt again.

We saw in the Champoins League final and through the World Cup, that the head and heart were there, but the ankle was not.

You can talk the injury of Simao, the decisions of Oliveira, the red cards of JVP and Beto, but there is nothing that caused this situation more than Figo’s injured ankle.

Thanks, Deco. I hope Porto finally pulls the trigger and does send you to Spain. That way, Figo will see you a couple of times a year.
That's those Porkistas for you ;) !

·
Registered
184 Posts
I blame Deco too - on the positive JVP gave us quality 90 minute performance agaist Korea!!!:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts