Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
It is a shame their is no 3rd or 4th place game but we all know where this team place is! To me they are still numbro Uno! Ganhar or perder Portugal por reste da Vida!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
There's a victory in this. The world now knows how well the Portuguese team can play. It took a cheap hand ball penalty to beat us and it was the reigning World Champions no less. There's no shame in this loss, only regret. I still say we can be a huge force in WC 2002!!!

L

·
0 Posts
I'm proud of our team aswell, they can return to Portugal with thier heads held high.

Thanks for the great football.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Thank you Vitor
Thank you Jorge
Thank you Fernando
Thank you Dimas
Thank you Abel
Thank you Rui
Thank you Joao
Thank you Luis
Thank you Vidigal
Thank you Sousa
Thank you Bento
Thank you Sergio
Thank you Nuno
but most of all......

Thank you Humberto..I have been your biggest critc...but i must say...bravo...bravo!

FORCA PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
I am very proud to have such great men representing my nation.

No matter how good or how bad … PORTUGAL always and forever…
I am glad we showed the world what soccer is all about… Too bad we didn’t go all the way. But we will keep fighting…

Viva Portugal…

·
Registered
7,067 Posts
You definitely deserved to win. Its a pity that you lost it in a stupid penalty.
well, my dreams didnt come true, i cant say we got eliminated byt the champion:)

but i started believeing we definitely got eliminated by the best football playing team.

J

·
0 Posts
Congratulations GUYS youse made me be EXTREMELY proud to be PORTUGUESE & i feel very hounorued to be a PURE PORKO now i think with the current Genenration & the younger generations that we will be one hell of a force to be RECKONED with...

PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL
PORTUGAL

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Yeah,they are the best.They did it great.
During this time everybody i met on the internet,and i´m not talking about soccer sites,when i say i´m from PORTUGAL everybody mention their great performances,they were and are what first comes to other people´s mind when it´s about Portugal.And that is something i feel very deep.

You are the best.Losing like this only proved we were at the WC level and there was no other way to stop us,but this way.Only feels very unfair,but you really are the best.
I love you,thanks for what you guys did.I´m prouder than never.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Greeting Portugese fans! I'm a brand new fan of your national team and after yesterday's game I just wanted to come here and make myself known.

I picked Portugal as my underdog team before Euro 2000 started b/c I am a big fan of Rui Costa. I'm not getting the games live but I am following everything on the Web, and also listening on the Web to games. It didn't take long for the Portugese squad to capture my imagination! As much as I can I plan to continue to follow some of these players...Baia, Gomes and others.

Anyway, what I wanted to say was this: Be proud of these guys! They grabbed the world's attention with some extremely attractive soccer skills. They reached the semis and played their hearts out; that's alot better than some of the favored teams like England(I can hardly wait to get a tape of that 3-2 win!!) or Germany.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Hiya Debs,
nice to see you joining us here - we need more meninhas in this forum.

Lets hope we can get thru our tough WCQ group and go to Japan/Korea in 2 years from now!!

P

·
0 Posts
You guys keep playing like that and you should be fine =)

How long had this coach been at the helm? Are people surprised by him quitting?

B

·
0 Posts
Although most of you really seem to be sad of Portugal´s loss, you behave really cool - no one´s arguing of the penalty decision here. That´s real sportsmanship! I really appreciate the way you´re celebrating the players - you can be proud of the way Portugal presented itself in this tournament. I hope the story continues in two years :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts