Xtratime Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
206 Posts
Seaman Spill adds to England Embarassment
I now know with confidence that Argentina would have easily hammered England had they played outdoors in midday.. Early on England gave Brazil no time at all and looked good. But then no one can play that can of chasing football in the heat.. By the 2nd half even with a man up they could not play that fast no more. Scholes and Butt really slowed.
The FIFA conspiracy thread may be right.. Why was the Arg-Eng game played indoors in an airconditioned dome?
Actually both Brazil and England looked bad. Germany plays horrible soccer and its ironic that they looked far worse than the teams the US beat.

· Registered
206 Posts
Yes I agree, its a happenstance that in this tournament, the strikers were mis-firing. My comment on the airconditioned dome is simply to try and rationalize why England could not apply the high pressure game to Brazil for the entire 90 mins whereas they did so to Argentina's 11. I won't admit that Brazil is superior, so thats a rational observation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.