Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that Boca was i club i could love best in Argentina, as they have the same colours as the local club i support in 3rd division here.
also from former players i love like Walter Samuel for instance.

but after i saw a few recored games from Argentinian League, Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana i have to say i'm in love with River Plate.

historicalwise Boca speaks more for my heart though but...
nevertheless, River's beautifull football and athmosphere (even through television and turned up speakers).Gallardo's genious vision, Lucho's style and the equalizer of Nesuti in 94th minute of last season's Copa semifinals gave me cold chills running down my spine.
to bad the yellowblues advanced on penalties to play Once Caldas.

it would be too awesome if Mascherano could stay but however i hope i didn't waste the time you needed to read this post guys.

CON LOS BORRACHOS DEL TABLÓN....DEL TABLÓN... :D

edit:
a coincidence my favourite player in childhood days(Peppe Giannini) was nicknamed as one of the best River player's of all time.Enzo Francescoli.

in one my primary schooldays i had to hold a speech about Uruguay and couldn't go past without mentioning him as a legend.saw him participate in the Worldcups (only on Tv though) 1986 and 1990 too. :)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
il_principe said:
but after i saw a few recored games from Argentinian League, Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana i have to say i'm in love with River Plate.
)
Your mistake, buddy.

River may have too much flair sometimes, but when it matters, they sh¡t their pants. (specially when they see the blue and gold shirt)
They are like Beckham, very pretty but produces sh¡t only (occasionally they do sthg)

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
Yeah, Boca all the way, if only I could catch Argie football on a weekly basis.:sigh:

Also, I have a soft spot for Argentinos Juniors, the 'big' man hails from these 2 clubs! :cool:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
batigold said:
Your mistake, buddy.

River may have too much flair sometimes, but when it matters, they sh¡t their pants. (specially when they see the blue and gold shirt)
They are like Beckham, very pretty but produces sh¡t only (occasionally they do sthg)
Why are you knocking the kid for seeing the light? River speaks beauty and winning in all different languages.

I told you bati, you're a great guy with terrible taste, but you fulfill your role very well -- HIJOS NUESTROS!

Principe, glad you've joined the good guys.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Overall, taking history account, River has way a better style, but that didn't avoid us to have excellent teams like 69 (an amazing team) or older, and Diego and Riquelme, the thing is that there is no black and white here, you have a glympse of the ugliest Boca, amy be ever (mmm nowadays team may surpassed that, sadly).
But BORN Bostero still bostero, who cares if someone we have flair players or not, that is BOCA!!!!; as real as River works better with kids, and have black "paladar", is that Boca has lots of mystic when things has to be done.

Il if you watch some Roman era games, the 81 team, the 69, you will see some of the best players ever, not only in Argentina, in the whole world, playing great, there is no black and white here.

Che, Macri is so ****ed up the idiot, that after making all this mess with this Jurassic Park team, with Brindisi, now again on public attacking Bianchi, bitter idiot he is....
Hey, Bati

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Now Macris is going to stick it to Benitez and replace him with Gustavo Alfaro!

Bwahahaha... I love this Bosta soap opera. How the hell is el Chino going to concentrate now when Macris is having drinks with Alfaro :D

·
18,041 Posts
Macri has to make an altar with Bianchi and pray every night, what an idiot he is.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Is no secret that Bianchi is respnsible for the success Boca just had before his departure. Macri would be delusional to believe that it was because of him. It was the only time in decades that Boca showed some flair. They've always played ugly and now continue to play the way they're used to - ugly.

·
18,041 Posts
They've always played ugly and now continue to play the way they're used to - ugly.
Right the first, about the quoted, my father told me that 69 was amazing, I saw being very little the magic of 81 (strangely I have more vivids memories of el Pichi than Diego and Miguel), and both were really more flair teams, in fact as whole I regularly catch old 80's matches, and I tell you that overall was a much flair football, really ****ing entertaining.

Also do you remember the match were we turn the result 4 to 3? the one of Latorre, and Bati?, what a great match, I saw it agin the other day, Latorre really had an Edmundo brain, he was loaded in talent...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
I do remember that match. It's always shown (atleast the goals) before the SUperclasico as one of the greatest matches.

Anyhow, speaking of LaTorre, I was told that he was never a part of any youth teams (including Boca). It seems like he used to play in those private country club leagues and one day a Boca scout saw him and put him on a Boca team in one of those meaningless 'reservas' tournaments. He scored 3 or 4 times in one game and the rest in history.

Heard this before?

·
18,041 Posts
yes, but I can't recall it how Latorre said that was part truth, but to create a more interseting story they focus in the "take him right from country to bombonera", Firenze told me once that was Maldini the one that didn't even use him in Fiore, but I might be confuse, and Equi suffered sthg similar, qhen I remember the treatment to to:
Ortega, Latorre, Equi, and Piojo being a star..erggggggghhhh I just hate Europe with all my guts, why that obssession of changing what they supose bought? you like him playing one way, and try to change it is nonsesn, of course the less skill, adapt and become..****ing legends, I can't stand that..te acordas de Junajo Borelli? que gambeta impresionante tenia, y velocidad tambien, ese tendria que haber sido super figura...

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Refrescame la memoria. De ese no me acuerdo.

And the LaTorre story is true as far as I know.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
:scared: :scared: :scared: :doh:
:scared: :scared: :doh: :scared:
:scared: :doh: :scared: :scared:
:doh: :scared: :scared: :scared:

We have so many things in common with River Plate.

·
18,041 Posts
what khimik?

·
Banned
4,388 Posts
Fangio said:
yes, but I can't recall it how Latorre said that was part truth, but to create a more interseting story they focus in the "take him right from country to bombonera", Firenze told me once that was Maldini the one that didn't even use him in Fiore, but I might be confuse, and Equi suffered sthg similar, qhen I remember the treatment to to:
Ortega, Latorre, Equi, and Piojo being a star..erggggggghhhh I just hate Europe with all my guts, why that obssession of changing what they supose bought? you like him playing one way, and try to change it is nonsesn, of course the less skill, adapt and become..****ing legends, I can't stand that..te acordas de Junajo Borelli? que gambeta impresionante tenia, y velocidad tambien, ese tendria que haber sido super figura...

Not every european thinks like that...We like skill too :eek: :smileani:

·
18,041 Posts
I know, I just overreact most of the time...you know me

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
You'd rather win one - nil with an own goal with terrible and boring play throughout than watching accuarte passing, nutmegs, shots from distance, counter attacks, and an over all stylish game with a 0-0 result any day of the week... Admit it!

·
18,041 Posts
..en la cancha? SIP at some point, as a rule, no, why do you think I hate this dinosaurs, I'm still argie anyway, I need a Pelusa, Roman, Miguelito, Rojitas, etc..etc..watching Matellan and cia is simply a digrace, and far from funny like Apud and old "glories"...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts