Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an Arsenal fan who supports all the English teams in the champions league, I think that Valencia has proved the most. They are similar to Dynamo Kieve from last year, because they both play beautiful attacking football and have two great strikers. Instead of selling Gerrard and Lopez, Valencia should build on them. Just look what Houllier did to Liverpool in one year! Cuper is a great coach and can turn Valencia into winners! I hope Valencia embarrases Lazio even more in the second leg because there are too many arrogant Lazio fans in this forum!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And Lazio who were getting the scum attitude, of thinking, we'll easily win this treble, now it has but disappeared. 5-2, away I know, but still it must have hurt, Treble aspirations dashed.
Congratulations Valencia, Gaizka Mendieta is an awesome player.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Regulate: Yah, they have a nice core of players, don't forget Ilie, he is usually their starting forward with Lopez, and he's got some magic touches.

DriverX: Do you know if our captain will be playing the second leg against Lazio??

Forza Juve, Valecia, Chelsea

·
Registered
526 Posts
Gaizka Mendieta played today vs Sevilla. He even scored a goal in the 70th minute. So it is probably safe to say that he will play vs Lazio (probably will start).

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont raelly know much about valencia's defence(which also seems to be their weakest point)..but they've got pretty good players offensively

lopez-one of the fastest..if not the fatest thing on 2 feet!

ilie-great skills,passing and creative talent awesome1!

vlaovic-very aggressive with a very powerful shot...very gd physical strength too..

if valencia was playing with 3 attackers..their attack would have been even more awesome! :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just out of curiosity, how was Valencia doing before Cuper came along? Did he make them into a great him singlehandedly? Also, what is Valencia's position in the la liga?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think most of you have a wrong idea of Valencia type of play. It's not at an attacking team despite having the players to do it. Their game is based on a rock solid defence normally. That's the system wanted by Cuper. They have a very effective counter attack play with the fast players we all know. I think their midfield is also very good, with Mendieta as a mentor.

However the real builder of today's team is the previous coach: Claudio Ranieri. He made more or less the same as Cuper. Very bad start in the league and impressive finish.

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
regulate:

Cuper did NOT make Valencia the team it is. In fact its his first year here. Last year the builder of our team was Ranieri, he is the man behind our team. Last year we finished 4th in La Liga, I think :O

Juanele, yah glad to see Mendieta back and scoring. Hopefully, he'll control the midfield in Rome :)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great news, Mendieta is back, so is Kily Gonzalez, but Amedeo Carbone has a thigh injury and will not recover in time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
You're right about Carboni, he's injured. This means we get to see the inexperienced FAGIANI in his place. He's hugely unpopular with the fans because he's been, well, let's say a bit "s.h.i.t.e.". But I think this is largely to do with the fact that he rarely gets a look-in. We'll just have to see. :-\
Hopefully he'll score a goal tonight (his first), restore faith amongst the valencianistas, and thereby give his own morale a bit of a lift. He's been overshadowed by the top players and hardly ever gets chosen.

TRISTÁN WHITE

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well regulate !!! Can you pick out one of us that you mean with your "arrogant Lazio fans" ?

We´re supporting our team and by that means: believing in the team and stand behind them inspite of the team loses... Don´t you think Valencia´s gonna whip Lazio´s ass today ? Of course you are, so let us just wait until after the game so we can discuss the game that totally will be dominated by Lazio :)

Forza Lazio !!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Joakim, first of all I'm not even a Valencia fan. All i am saying is that I admire Valencia because they don't spend a lot of money and have great team spirit. They are able to thrash a team like Lazio, who spends ridiculous amoounts of money on players. Lazio fans are arrogant because they think that spending money makes a team superior. Most of the great teams of the last 2 decades didn't buy that many players. Juventus, Milan, Bayern Munich, Liverpool, Manchester United. None of them is stupid enough to go pay 30 million pounds on a player. They foster team unity and that is why they were/are succesful.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi EclipsE
Yes, I would have thought Ilie is almost certain to play. He's back in training next week, so unless anything major happens he should be there from the start against Barça.

TRISTÁN

·
Registered
163 Posts
regulate...I agree with you that maybe Valencia doesn´t buy players for that kind of amount as Lazio does, and I know that you´re not a Valencia fan. BUT.....you mentioned that Man.Utd, B Munchen and so on doesn´t buy players. How about Stam for example..I think he was one of the most expensive defenders in the world..there are pretty many nations in those teams too if you know what I´m saying.... :)

Forza Lazio !!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Though Valencia is not my favourite team, But Celta. Both teams are among the few teams that can play the most captivating football in europe(or world).
The start of the rise of Valencia, came really from the year Mijatovic lead the spainard scorer chart a few years back .Now Lopez, ille, Mendieta and the rest. Valencia really how to buy and use the players on hand. They are going to be a team that every sides in Europe hates to meet in the next few years.

If unfornately if Lopez is to be sell, I hope Valencia can use the cash to buy R***** (if not i hope Celta can bought him)to substain the strengh in attack. Of course, Gerrard will be the future first choice.BUT now he and ille can rotate to be the main striking partner of Lopez. Future if Lopez have to go maybe R***** can come in,in future. Then soon the Barac , Real, Juve. Lazio, Man U, Bayern,Roma, Inter, Milan and Lazio will find
that they and not the ONLY GREAT SIDES in the whole world.

By the way, Lazio lose not because they are out of form, or weaker. BUT as like the rest of the Italian league big clubs, they always buys too many stars(very good in searching) and never use them wisely(frequently sell them at much lower price). Not very long ago, Toni Polster Asprilla, Jonk and etc , then most recently Kuivert ,Pena, Kanu and many more!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts