Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is he good like 3-4 years ago, or no?
Because 2-3 years ago, everybody in europe said that he's one of the best in center, but now we don't speek about him?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but now , he still one of the best?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Henchoz the better one between him and Hyppia? Arguable IMO.

Both complement each other, and each provides sth that the other can't. Suffice to say, the only way to fairly compare each other in my opinion is that we should see how each would perform without the other. Only that way we can see who would be the better player.

IMO, Hyppia's just a little better.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
karrmadamaii said:
Henchoz the better one between him and Hyppia? Arguable IMO.

Both complement each other, and each provides sth that the other can't. Suffice to say, the only way to fairly compare each other in my opinion is that we should see how each would perform without the other. Only that way we can see who would be the better player.

IMO, Hyppia's just a little better.
Fair enough.

IMO Hyypia is a better player, but Henchoz was a much better defender. Either way there both over the hill now.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Hyypia has looked shaky and hesitant in most matches this season. I don't know if it's due to Benitez breaking up the Henchoz - Hyypia partnership or Hyypia's career going downhill but a replacement is needed. Can't imagine Pool challenging for silverware with the likes of Hyypia, Traore, Carragher or Pellegrino in central defence

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
ilgenio said:
Can't imagine Pool challenging for silverware with the likes of Carragher in central defence
I was hoping last nights performance for England would get him some exposure as more people would watch, but obviously his Man of the Match performance wasn't seen and some people are still ignorrant to what a great defender he is.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
I was hoping last nights performance for England would get him some exposure as more people would watch, but obviously his Man of the Match performance wasn't seen and some people are still ignorrant to what a great defender he is.
I didn't say Carra is not a good defender. I said I can't imagine Pool challenging for silverware with the likes of Hyypia, Traore, Carragher and Pellegrino in central defence. Read again before you edit my post.

Carra is the best defender you lot have, someone who keeps things simple and does his job effectively. To challenge for silverware you need more than one good central defender, especially with Dudek or Kirkland manning the posts.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
ilgenio said:
I didn't say Carra is not a good defender. I said I can't imagine Pool challenging for silverware with the likes of Hyypia, Traore, Carragher and Pellegrino in central defence. Read again before you edit my post.

Carra is the best defender you lot have, someone who keeps things simple and does his job effectively. To challenge for silverware you need more than one good central defender, especially with Dudek or Kirkland manning the posts.
When you say you can't see Liverpool winning with defenders like Hyypia, Traore, Carragher and Pellegrino in the team it implies that you think Carragher is not good enough for Liverpool when infact he is good enough, more then good enough.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
actually no, he ment that those players playing together cant help pool challenge for the league as far as i see it at least...

·
Registered
302 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
When you say you can't see Liverpool winning with defenders like Hyypia, Traore, Carragher and Pellegrino in the team it implies that you think Carragher is not good enough for Liverpool when infact he is good enough, more then good enough.

Thats what I thought he meant too, but I could see it being interpreted the way he actually meant it as well.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Bottom line being, you guys are still short of a couple of good players to make the squad strong enough to challeneg for the title. Nothing that cannot be dealt with in the summer.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Carra is the Daddyo now. He sucked for years cuz he's not a naturally gifted player, but he's matured now, years of hard work... and his heart is as big and his shoulders as broad as the club he'll no doubts will die for. On my list of people that I would want to see replaced he's second from last after Gerrard. One of the very few who wears liverbird on his chest and not just on his shirt.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts