Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Liverpool captain Sami Hyypia put pen to paper today on a new contract that will keep him at Anfield until 2006.
The deal will disappoint many football managers across Europe who covet his services for their own teams, with the likes of Barcelona and Juventus having already reportedly made enquiries.
The 28-year-old Finnish giant announced last week that he would sign a new four-year deal, which will be his third at Liverpool since his move from Dutch side Willem II in 1999.

Good news! ;)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I couldn't have said it better :)

To me.. this news is better than all the signings we've made :) Sami has been a ROCK in defense ever since he's arrived and has exceeded his expectations year in year out.. I couldn't think of a better defender to defend the Liverpool goal :D

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
One of the world's best, if not the best, defender on earth decides to stay with us......:) A nice feeling to say the least:cool:

·
Registered
516 Posts
An outstanding defender, one of the best in the world. Great to show his dedication.

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Good news for everyone.:) It only shows the resolve that Hyypia has as he wants to captain a Championship winning side in England. WIth the departure of Fowler and Redknapp, Hyypia should be the captain for next season and how we love to see the Great Finn lift the trophy for us.

paw;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts