HYUNDAI A-LEAGUE: ROUND 12
Discussion thread.​

vs.

Friday, 11th of November, 2005
Kick-Off: 7:00pm (WDT / GMT +8)
MembersEquity Stadium
Perth, Western Australia

TV Guide:
Foxtel - Fri 11/11/2005, 10:00pm EDT, Fox Sports 1 (DIG: 501/ALG: 11)

-----​

vs.

Saturday, 11th of November, 2005
Kick-Off: 8:00pm (EDT / GMT +10)
Olympic Park
Melbourne, Victoria

TV Guide:
Foxtel - Fri 11/11/2005, 8:00pm EDT, Fox Sports 1 (DIG: 501/ALG: 11)

-----​

vs.

Sunday, 13th of October, 2005
Kick-Off: 3:00pm (EDT / GMT +10)
ExpressAdvocate Stadium
Gosford, New South Wales

TV Guide:
Foxtel - Sun 13/11/2005, 3:00pm EDT, Fox Sports 1 (DIG: 501/ALG: 11)

Radio Guide:
LIFE FM 107.9 7:30pm CST​

-----​

vs.

Sunday, 13th of November, 2005
Kick-Off: 5:00pm (EDT / GMT +10)
Aussie Stadium
Sydney, New South Wales

TV Guide:
Foxtel - Sun 13/11/2005, 5:00pm EDT, Fox Sports 1 (DIG: 501/ALG: 11)​

·
Fourth Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
2,465 Posts
I enjoyed the Melbourne game actually. Scoring's becoming a bigger issue every week indeed - maybe we should organise a midweek practice game against Sydney or something :D.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone watching the Glory game? Even though it's only the Knights the Glory are playing some lovely football right now. Very confident, fast, fluid and tactically astute football. Could be a darkhorse to win the thing, especially if they can get Mori on a more permanent basis.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
12,407 at Olympic Park and 9,866 apparently at MES. Decent crowds considering the various factors. Melbourne crowds are starting to drop at least a thousand every week.

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
i think its a combination of weather (it poured tonight abt half an hour before kickoff)
and the run of 4 home games in a row... youll find not everyone can afford tickets at $19-$45 each per week (depending on where they sit) 3 or 4 weeks in a row :)

Supporters are paying out allsop and i agree that hes just not cutting the mustard atm, hes lost all confidence, but its not just him, arch has been missing sitters as well, Kitzbichler, diaco, vlahos are all missing easy chances as well, Byrnes missed a free header from the 6-yard box tonight, diaco and allsop just had to put a foot out to tap in a cross from 2 yards.... the list goes on, everytime we go forward im expecting a stuff up these days :D. Theyve got to work on that and their crosses, i cant believe that the crosses are CONTINUALLY allowed to drop short week after week. Its disgraceful actually.

and abt Perth, great to see them in form. The competion is much healthier when perth and adelaide are pulling big crowds, they are the 2 teams who inspired australian football in the old NSL and showed that the A-league could work. I think in my pre-season prediction i had perth as the winner? :tongue:

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
good crowd at Perth (considering the Gippsland Falcons were the guests)

i'm with tiger on this one, it's good to see the glory up there, after all they are carrying the torch for the good old NSL

i can't remember who i tipped but i have a feeling i tipped both results.. i guess i'll find out when Rafaelo gets of his arse and updates the results :tongue:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts