Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to make it clear: This is very very unlikely to ever happen and I don't want it to happen. But imagine if Chelsea can't spend a dime in the transfer market, what would happen.

Chelsea would depend on Bosman/Free Transfer like Campbell (a few year back from Spurs to Arsenal) or Ballack (this coming summer) or Bommel (PSV to Barcelona). It would also depend on signing the current players on contract extension or develop a really good youth system to provide player.

However, if Chelsea has a $0 mil expense in transfer fees instead of $80 million, it can afford to pay more for elite players or give them a sign-in fees/bonus. Any elite players would love to have a $2-3 mil raise a year or a $15 million sign-in fees. Thus, it is likely that many of them will do what Campbell, Bommel did or Ballack is doing: Play out their contract and become a Bosman.

The football world might not ever be the same after that!!!

p.s. Beside Chelsea, Real Madrid, Man U, AC Milan, Juventus, Barcelona are the other teams with the power to change the football world forever (and in many minds for the worst).

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Now this is a tough one.

Chelsea with no transfer money is good for all of us.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
And if I had fifty million dollars, I'd be rich.

This makes no sense.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
fifa will probably put a cap in place , the samw way NFL did when the niners were dominating

1 - 7 of 7 Posts