Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting quite pissed off with football at the moment.

It is full of hypocrits.

The football league claim they are the fans league, yet they let fans suffer their team going out of business or starting off with massive deductions because of their arguement with the taxman.

We have Fifa claiming they are not corrupt, yet there is numerous examples of the way they are. People accepting bribes.

We have clubs who say... "The fans are the most important thing to this club" then I have to pay £100 more for a seaon ticket this year then the price last year.

Players saying, I love this club... Its brilliant, I love the staff,my fellow players, the city everything... I want to finish my career here. 2 months later, he wants to leave for "the money".. its a joke.

We have managers saying... tapping up players is wrong,I hate the way these clubs go about it... then this :

Roma In Furious Attack On Sir Alex Ferguson

Roma technical director Bruno Conti has unleashed a furious attack on Sir Alex Ferguson, calling the Manchester United manager a hypocrite after he poached one of Italy’s brightest young talents from the Giallorossi.

Support striker Davide Petrucci is regarded as one of the best young players of his generation, and has been labelled by some as the “new Francesco Totti”.

However as he was still under age, Petrucci had not signed a professional contract with Roma, and Manchester United nipped in to poach the 16-year-old prodigy for a miserly £200,000, offering him £95,000 per year, plus all expenses paid for him to fly home to Italy on a regular basis.

This transfer has infuriated the Calcio community, who have ganged up on Man Utd for stealing the youngster off Roma.

Giallorossi technical director has now launched a ferocious attack on Sir Alex Ferguson, accusing him of double standards, following the manager’s criticism of Real Madrid’s methods in trying to sign Cristiano Ronaldo.

“They complain about Ronaldo and then did the same thing with David,” an absolutely seething Conti told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“His father Stefano has disappointed me. I will not be told any more lies. As for the boy, I wish him all the best in the world.”

English clubs have long been criticised by foreign clubs for stealing under-age players, many of these coming from Italy.

Reggina’s 15-year-old prospect Vincenzo Camilleri was snapped up by Chelsea in February, Atalanta’s teenage talent Fabio Zamblera by Newcastle Utd, while a few years back Parma-duo Giuseppe Rossi and Arturo Lupoli were signed by Man Utd and Arsenal respectively.

This led Palermo’s outspoken President Maurizio Zamparini to famously brand English team’s as “pirates”.

·
Registered
27,401 Posts
i agree, it's all about money.

just like most other sports.

Just look at NBA basketball and boxing. Sickening.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I agree with Zamparini. Bunch of ass pirates.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
One would think that Italy having a president of a football club as prime minister would make them lower the minimal age for professinoal football contracts but I on the other hand why should Berlusconi bother, it's not as if his team relies on their academy...

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
This isn't just in football, or sports, its life. If Roma were in the same position as United, I guarantee that they would have done the exact same thing.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
However as he was still under age, Petrucci had not signed a professional contract with Roma, and Manchester United nipped in to poach the 16-year-old prodigy for a miserly £200,000, offering him £95,000 per year, plus all expenses paid for him to fly home to Italy on a regular basis.
You have to admit, for a 16-year-old kid, that kind of an offer is very difficult to refuse

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
I'd have done the same thing probably. The rule is ridiculous though allwoing big teams to poach 16year old & younger wonderkids for a pittance.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Ridiculous...

·
Fourth Place Winner, April Photo Contest 2008
3,512 Posts
Of course it's about the money. People want to make a living, and the best one possible. It's not like the italian kid is moving to saudi arabia for the money, man united are one of the best clubs in the world and know how to develop youngsters. Being there grants a good career, to say the least

·
Registered
10,819 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
If you dont want him to leave then pay him properly.
this isnt possible. this is the reason he left, because at that age they can only pay him a certain amount i believe, a youth contract which isnt much in todays football world.

the guy will look at fvckin ronaldo whos what 22, and see him about to make 10m euros a year whilst hes making 50k a year. he wants to get there as soon as possible.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Of course it's about the money. People want to make a living, and the best one possible. It's not like the italian kid is moving to saudi arabia for the money, man united are one of the best clubs in the world and know how to develop youngsters. Being there grants a good career, to say the least
If they knew that then they wouldn't be stealing from Spain & Italy, and the rest of Europe, like other Premier league teams.

·
Registered
752 Posts
this isnt possible. this is the reason he left, because at that age they can only pay him a certain amount i believe, a youth contract which isnt much in todays football world.

the guy will look at fvckin ronaldo whos what 22, and see him about to make 10m euros a year whilst hes making 50k a year. he wants to get there as soon as possible.
And.....whats your point, it's possible in England, thats why he moved there.Blame the country in questions laws, not someone who's willing to up there salary.And i think most young footballers would look at Ronaldo and want to get there as soon as possible.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
And.....whats your point, it's possible in England, thats why he moved there.Blame the country in questions laws, not someone who's willing to up there salary.And i think most young footballers would look at Ronaldo and want to get there as soon as possible.
how the **** did i blame the player? im just saying he wants what everyone else has, and that's more money. my point is the one you quoted then went on to repeat!

·
Registered
133 Posts
england should apply the same rules as in the rest of europe.

manchester united have 'bought' pique from barca for peanuts and sold him back to the club that has made him the talent that he was for millions.

ridiculous!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
This isn't just in football, or sports, its life. If Roma were in the same position as United, I guarantee that they would have done the exact same thing.
And it would still be hypocritical.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts