Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
A true hero
Joined
·
31,326 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
shit English teams with no other ideas do, he had a top class player on the bench.
To do what though? The dribblers weren't doing anything? What's wrong with trying long ball for a couple of minutes. If Robben, Cole and Duff had all failed why should SWP succeed?
 

·
Missing Guidolin.
Joined
·
21,157 Posts
Mourinho should of withdrawn Ferreira and gone three at the back.
i still have no idea why he favoured Drogba to Crespo.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rob Edwards said:
To do what though? The dribblers weren't doing anything? What's wrong with trying long ball for a couple of minutes. If Robben, Cole and Duff had all failed why should SWP succeed?
to give them another body upfront and someone with real pace. all; Huth is going to do is keep losing the ball and is not likely to link up with anything because as Greeny says he has the touch of a wooly mammoth.
 

·
A true hero
Joined
·
31,326 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
to give them another body upfront and someone with real pace. all; Huth is going to do is keep losing the ball and is not likely to link up with anything because as Greeny says he has the touch of a wooly mammoth.
Another minute body in a sea of Barca shirts? What does that do? With Huth they had a target to knock it down.
 

·
Missing Guidolin.
Joined
·
21,157 Posts
he was there to win knock-downs, it was the right desicion, but Chelsea still chose to play the ball short rather than launching 30-yard passes, so it had no affect.

Mourinho had a bad day from the start with his decisions tonight.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rob Edwards said:
Another minute body in a sea of Barca shirts? What does that do? With Huth they had a target to knock it down.
what does it do? it gives them a chance, with Huth they had no chance, how easy is it to defend against someone that can only use his head? a piece of piss, it's football for the Moyes of this world not CL.
 

·
A true hero
Joined
·
31,326 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
what does it do? it gives them a chance, with Huth they had no chance, how easy is it to defend against someone that can only use his head? a piece of piss, it's football for the Moyes of this world not CL.
He's tall which makes it hard to defend against. That Barca didn't win a header against Terry all night probably weighed into his decision.

I don't see how another guy doing what three guys as good or better as him failed at before gives you a better chance.

Obviously it didn't work out but it's hardly illogical.
 

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
Joined
·
63,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rob Edwards said:
I don't see how another guy doing what three guys as good or better as him failed at before gives you a better chance..
what? you can't see how 4 guys that can play can do better than 3 that can play? :googly:
 

·
Missing Guidolin.
Joined
·
21,157 Posts
of course it was the right decision, but the wrong desicion was not sacrificing Ferreira and going three at the back with Gallas, Terry and Carvalho.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,731 Posts
He could always bring in a midfielder (Maniche) or an attacking midfielder (SWP) and move Gudjohnsen up front. He's a striker, remember? And having two strikers up front who are actually strikers and can move like strikers gives you a better chance than having a central defender who has no idea.

Mourinho ****ed up. He got desperate and made a mistake, it happens.
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top