Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayern look to Huth
SBS

German giants Bayern Munich have confirmed they are interested in unsettled Chelsea defender Robert Huth.

Huth is classed as a quality up-and-coming central defender but has found himself largely out of favour with Jose Mourinho at Chelsea.

Ahead of him in the centre-half pecking order at the Blues are the likes of skipper John Terry, Ricardo Carvalho and William Gallas.

Bayern meanwhile are interested in stiffening their backline.

"We have already spoken with Chelsea and his agent," Bayern general manager Uli Hoeness (pictured) revealed.
http://www.soccernews.com/news.php?url=http://c.moreover.com/click/here.pl?r295185163
------------------

do u guyz think we should sell huth? he is a quality defender and will surely be one for the future as he is only still relativly young. the news of this is all over the internet so its not just a fake rumour i presume.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he's pony, i wonder why Bayern want him ? perhaps to make Hargreaves feel better ?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
It's up to Huth.

He loves Chelsea, I can see where he's coming from though.

I'd like a loan deal.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
It's up to Huth.

He loves Chelsea, I can see where he's coming from though.

I'd like a loan deal.
if Mourinho let's him go then he is offically shit, we know Mourinho can spot a defender.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
FYI

Huth Rules Out Bayern Deal
Tue 22 Mar, 5:09 PM

German defender Robert Huth today told Chelsea that he does not want to join Bayern Munich or any other club.
ADVERTISEMENT
Click Here

Chelsea looked in danger of losing Huth when Bayern admitted they were keen to take him to the Olympic Stadium.

But now the Stamford Bridge club, reeling from UEFA disrepute charges concerning manager Jose Mourinho, assistant Steve Clarke and security officer Les Miles, have been handed timely good news.

Huth's eagerness to stay at Chelsea indicates that even the players currently on the fringes of Jose Mourinho's squad and seeing little action are happy to stay.

Huth said: "I'm staying here, unless the club wants to get rid of me. It's not an issue, even if some people say it is."

Assuming UEFA do not throw Chelsea out of the competition - the Blues have been charged with bringing the game into disrepute following the controversial trip to Barcelona - they will face Bayern in the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

Huth has made just two starting appearances and four as substitute this season, but he explained: "The manager said that from the first day he came here, he wanted to have a group and you can see we've got that now.

"Obviously with injuries, you don't feel as close to the team as you can do because you don't train with them.

"But everyone, the manager, Steve Clarke, the fitness coach, they all make you feel welcome and involved again when you go back into training.

"I've never had the feeling of being out of it since I came here nearly five years ago, so when I was injured, the whole staff were absolutely magnificent and as soon as I came back, they played me against Birmingham."

Huth says he will not be flustered at missing out on a Barclays Premiership medal - which he will not be entitled to unless he features in six of the remaining eight games.

"I don't care about that," he stressed.

"I'm obviously going to do my best to help the team as much as possible and if that means playing two games then okay. If it means playing six, then okay.

"I'm not in a position, having been injured, to worry about that. I'm just really grateful to be involved again."
sportinglife.com

K

·
0 Posts
who the hell is huth? o yea that german guy that has score what?, 1 goal? i dunno let him go.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Kezman9 said:
who the hell is huth? o yea that german guy that has score what?, 1 goal? i dunno let him go.
do u work at a factory where they produce crap comments or something?

·
First Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
2,968 Posts
How is Huth rated among the Chelsea fans ?
He's a good defender, but i doubt that he will ever be good enough to make it past guys like Carvalho and into the Chelsa starting team.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I rate him very highly. To be honest i'd rather lose Carvalho than Huth.

I rate him that highly (I said 2 years ago he sould be playing for Germany :) ), and obviously like Terry he's a Chelsea boy!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts