Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This club is giving me a good reason to watch the Clausura. Does any club play such pretty football as El Globo? It's a question of preferred aesthetics but IMO it's nicer than Barca.... anyway great to see younger talents like De Federico and Pastore, but the real plaudits should go to Cappa. His philosophy is really admirable. Let's just hope that not too many of Europe's scouts arent already drooling over them yet and realise that to play this type of football you cannot just sign one young Argie and throw him into the pitch. Takes time to build a team and play these combinations. Requires patience, but boy it's worth it.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
I love el Globo is my father's team and one of the first stadiums I watched football, yhe glourious "Palacio Tomas Duco"...

Huracan is a team from a very traditional neighbourhood of Buenos Aires that gave one of the most exiting teams we ever had: the Huracan of 73, pure ****ing art. El Globo was one of the best teams in the era of amateurism and had legendary fans like Newbery one of the first pilots argentina ever had (that's the reason of El Globo in their Logo).
Is not a coincide that in such a bohemian and dreamer atmosphere, in such a tanguero and malevos hood of Parque Patricios, a team like el Globo is capable of winning very little but allways at some moment developes very garcefull players and a tendency for the plaeasure of playing a very aesthetic brand of football. In the 73, every fan of every team wanted to watch that Globo and nowadays with a devaluated situation and constant transfers, the fresh air of Cappa's team is priceless and is being praised by fans of every other team of Argentina...they play such a beautiful game...
I hope the kids actually understand that not everything that shines in Europe is gold and that sometimes the risk of waiting a better chance to go and mature in the process is a lesser risk than trying to grab the bucks asap.

I hope that Lanus, velez, Huracan and to some extent Estudiantes continue with the youngsters work and collective football no matter if is still hard to have a large list of players avaiable and is hard to fight in the international front and the domestic one at the same time; the path is the one that these teams are taking and is time for Huracan to rebuild themselves as an Institution to gave evryone from time to time teams like the one nowadays we are enjoying...Lanus is in that path since tome, Velez too...they are an example not only for our football, but worldwide..ojala puedan madurar como se debe De Federico y Pastore sobre todo, porque es un placer verlos jugar con tal naturalidad y desparpajo, ganen o pierdan, lo unico que se puede decir es gracias..the argie Youth NT MUST apply this model that from time to time we loose, seeking titles.

·
18,041 Posts
pppp

·
18,041 Posts
This club is giving me a good reason to watch the Clausura. Does any club play such pretty football as El Globo? It's a question of preferred aesthetics but IMO it's nicer than Barca.... anyway great to see younger talents like De Federico and Pastore, but the real plaudits should go to Cappa. His philosophy is really admirable. Let's just hope that not too many of Europe's scouts arent already drooling over them yet and realise that to play this type of football you cannot just sign one young Argie and throw him into the pitch. Takes time to build a team and play these combinations. Requires patience, but boy it's worth it.
Funny that Cappa told Ole this:

"a pesar de la diferencia de presupuestos, en algunos pasajes y por la velocidad con la que los jugadores tocan y pasan al ataque, el team de Cappa tiene similitudes con el Barcelona de Pep Guardiola. "En la idea sí, pero en la ejecución no. El Barcelona juega con dos punteros bien abiertos y con tres volantes. Un sistema que impuso Cruyff hace muchos años y que el entrenador actual lo respeta al máximo porque hasta se impuso en divisiones inferiores. Y una vez hablando con Guardiola me dijo: el gol que yo sueño no incluye ninguna gambeta y seguro que el gol tuyo sí, je. Me parece que este equipo no se parece a ninguno. Nosotros jugamos con dos enganches que llegan, un delantero, un volante que distribuye en el medio. Y la verdad no me fijo en ningún equipo para jugar porque uno lo arma de acuerdo a los jugadores que tiene".

the bold part says: "Once talking with Guardiola he told me: the goal I dream about, doesn't include any dribbling, I'm sure that yours yes, hehe"

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rodriguez, where are you from? and why do you watch argentine futbol?

Born in England but of very mixed blood. The NTs I like to watch gives a little indication of some of my background (clue: France and Portugal). I try to watch any type of good football, regardless of what country it's in. I'm not the most ardent fan of Argentine football, but it's something I've tried to get more into over the last few years.

Funny that Cappa told Ole this:

"a pesar de la diferencia de presupuestos, en algunos pasajes y por la velocidad con la que los jugadores tocan y pasan al ataque, el team de Cappa tiene similitudes con el Barcelona de Pep Guardiola. "En la idea sí, pero en la ejecución no. El Barcelona juega con dos punteros bien abiertos y con tres volantes. Un sistema que impuso Cruyff hace muchos años y que el entrenador actual lo respeta al máximo porque hasta se impuso en divisiones inferiores. Y una vez hablando con Guardiola me dijo: el gol que yo sueño no incluye ninguna gambeta y seguro que el gol tuyo sí, je. Me parece que este equipo no se parece a ninguno. Nosotros jugamos con dos enganches que llegan, un delantero, un volante que distribuye en el medio. Y la verdad no me fijo en ningún equipo para jugar porque uno lo arma de acuerdo a los jugadores que tiene".

the bold part says: "Once talking with Guardiola he told me: the goal I dream about, doesn't include any dribbling, I'm sure that yours yes, hehe"

Ah, I just about understand what that passage means... Helps that a lot of the Spanish words I know are footbal terminology. There is certainly some similarities with Cappa and Pep's teams, especially with the inclusion and prominence of Andres Iniesta, who has a more dribbling vertical style. Not the typical Argie dribble of De Federico or Messi though. Spanish will always love their "tiki-taka" above all, but for me it's not as beautiful unless it's interspersed with insane moments of dribbling. You need that contrast, it's like if you had a midfield of Zidane, Falcao and Redondo, passing the ball elegantly, it cries out for a Sivori style player to just show a little chaos. Same way you cannot have a team of Sivori's unless you want to put 10 balls on the pitch and tear up the rulebook.

I've read about the '73 side and it's a shame that I was born 10 years later. Not easy to get hold of matches of theirs either.

The last link you posted, the goals from the Godoy Cruz game, it's a shame that video doesn't show some of the "almost" golazos, they had several great passages of play that deserved the ball to be in the net, incredible stuff.

I havent followed the likes of Lanus and other teams so much, but the next Apertura could surely be excellent if a lot of these teams remain mostly unchanged and can develop further. I'm sure that could be said every year though. There is really no rush for guys like Pastore and De Federico to come across to Europe, it could do more harm than good (especially if Real Madrid is involved..). The European scouts that come to Argentina and Brazil should put down the notepad and checkbook, open a beer, enjoy the football and go home.

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Redundant to say, De Federico is a neat little player I wouldnt mind watching weekly if it was possible, here is an "article" about him:

Matias De Federico might not a be household name in Europe yet but do not be surprised if in a few years time he is making headlines in either Spain or England.

The 19-year-old Huracan forward has been one of the best striker's in the Argentine Clausura 2009 and is rumoured to have earned interest from some of the biggest clubs in the world.

Speaking to Goal.com's Martin Manrupe, he revealed that he is not rushing any move though at the moment but that he does have his eye on a potential transfer to either England or Spain.

"The truth is that even though people are already asking me, I prefer to wait until June and see what happens. Logically at times you go to sleep and are thinking about many things, including the financial situation and also my family, and I am just a boy, which changes a lot. In three months I have gone from being a reserve team player to first-choice and getting a call-up for Argentina, therefore, in June I will sit down and put everything on the table, and decide what is best for my family and I. What is important is to continue at this level and to ensure the opportunities are good for me, as well as making sure Huracan do well in the future with my sale," he explained.

"I like to watch the English league, it is very fast and I think that it would suit my speed well. I also like the Spanish game a lot."

Certainly the Argentine has come a long way in a short period of time and his displays for Huracan earned him a call-up by Diego Maradona.

He admits that he dreams of playing with the likes of Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez and is excited about the prospect.

"The truth is that I think about it every night when I sleep. I do not know how to respond or how to react. Being in the dressing room with the best Argentine football players is going to be incredible. I hope that some day I can share it with Messi or Tevez and speak to them. I cannot believe that I will be in the team, and even less when Diego speaks to me. I do not have any idea what it will be like but I think about it every night," he told Goal.com.

The youngster also spoke about his team, Huracan, who have been praised for their fluent style of football this season.

"Angel [Cappa, the coach] provided us with examples of teams outside the country like Arsenal and Barcelona. Obviously we like them and Cappa tells us to watch them, because they always try to play well," he explained.

·
18,041 Posts
and the ballet continues..Diego didn't call any of them? or yes? I heard he called Blanco from Lanus, Pastore and De federico? nope?

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
He called De Federico but did not call Pastore which is a huge shame. He called that old fart Fuertus 36 years to play against Panama as a tribute to him, for doing fook all!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
i watched some of Pastore last season and didn't notice De Federico that much (wasn't even aware he played)...certainly Pastore was rated higher last season, but this season, seems like its De Federico....
my question is, which of the two is more talented (more natural skills)?....i cut off my cable 3 months ago so have missed most of the games...i will have my cable back in couple of weeks though

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
i watched some of Pastore last season and didn't notice De Federico that much (wasn't even aware he played)...certainly Pastore was rated higher last season, but this season, seems like its De Federico....
my question is, which of the two is more talented (more natural skills)?....i cut off my cable 3 months ago so have missed most of the games...i will have my cable back in couple of weeks though
De Federico was not a starter last season. He only started three months ago.

I would go for De Federico on natural skills but that dose not mean that Pastori dose not posses any. He is skillful as well and talented but De Federico dose some amazing stuff with the ball and has a brilliant foot work and pace.

·
18,041 Posts
great FINALE! winning or loosing, thanxs Globito!!! a lo benedetti...Gracias por el Juego!!

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
This has to be some of the funniest scenes I've seen in a while, ice stopping the game :D

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Morales scored well over 10 minutes ago. Got booked and sent off for taking his shirt off in celebration and there hasn't been any football since.

Just arguing on the touchlines instigated by Velez. Hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Lol even the Velez ballboys were feigning injury at the end to waste more time plus more fights between the players. Wouldn't be surprised if Dominguez to a little snick at himself with a concealed razor just to disrupt the game further. ;)

Poor stuff from Velez.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts