Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there have a link to proof that Hungary beat England in the sixties - my wife believes infamous '66' with a score of 6-3 pos 6-4....she would love some proof to shut up a big mouth fan at work!

Thanks

G

·
Smiler said:
Does anyone out there have a link to proof that Hungary beat England in the sixties - my wife believes infamous '66' with a score of 6-3 pos 6-4....she would love some proof to shut up a big mouth fan at work!

Thanks
First of all, they beat England in the 50s, to be precise, in November 13, 1953, by 6-3 in Wembley Stadium.
The second part of this was in March 1954, just before the 54 World Cup, when they beat England back home in Budapest
by 7-1.

That 6-3 is now considered as one of the greatest matches in football history, it was the very first time that England lost a match at home against a non-british team and the first time to lose at Wembley.

So far to history, I will try to send you a link soon.

Regards

·
Registered
59,629 Posts
kiwi said:
i am pretty sure hungary beat england also in the 1962 world cup in chile-2-1 i think
yes, thats true.
they beat england 2-1, bulgaria 6-1 and draw 0-0 with argentina
in the group matches in 1962 chile wc.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks have checked it all out and no doubt will help the wife shut up big mouth....and maybe win a bet too!!! Only a shame Hungary are lacking in team at present...oh well maybe in a few years ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts