Xtratime Community banner

Is the Magyar NT closer or further away from the EURO after the first 2 games?

• Closer

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Further

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Slightly the same

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I think we are Dandeer. It was good to have the men back in town. We reached epsilon level (#5 level after #1 level alpha) with our last game victory over Croatia. We are really 4 levels away from masterful and supreme.

And we carried the day with a masterful (not supreme) comprehensive full spectrum game at our potentional level 2-1 over the world's 4th-ranked team, our biggest win and epic in 3 years.

This year and the next year are the years.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Dandeer, if we played at epsilon level (Top #5 level compared to France's No. #1 alpha level) and beat No. 4 Croatia 2-1, if that exact potentional exists inherently now in our next match that would be sufficient for a 2 goal win way.

We need to reach and go to gamma level (the 4th level of excellence) or higher to shine and ourclass and outpoint this group. ?

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
This year and the next year are the years.
For this to be true we need to have quality coming through, yet we don't. Things are not looking good when one of your top talents (Schön), comes back from külföld as an 18 year old. Our talents didn't make it big before either, but at least they managed to stay out there longer than that.

What's with Szántó T? Hurt as usual?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Aron, you're forgetting the keys of momentum, its a major key to all sporting success. If we can play at that gear and level vs. all of our opponents as we did vs. Croatia, don't be surprised if we win the group. Remember stars Salloi and Fiola were injured, with hale peak of health and the full sail of momentum we should be OK or better everything else being equal of course.

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
You're not wrong momentum is a factor, but that can change very quickly as we just saw over these two days. There's no substitute for talent that we don't have enough of unfortunately. I wouldn't call Fiola a star, he's a 29 year old RB who's only played in Hungary:D Salloi might have a chance, but he's only been good in MLS so far.

If I were to point out someone significant who's missing that'd be Sallai.

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
I voted further... although I'm curious. If we're level on points with same goal difference. Does head to head come into play? As we lost to the Slovaks, that ain't good. Beating Slovakia and losing to Croatia would have been better for qualication.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, head-to-head. But for the record, I don't expect there won't be difference between the teams points-wise.

When are Salloi and Fiola coming back?

·
Registered
10,092 Posts
I voted further... although I'm curious. If we're level on points with same goal difference. Does head to head come into play? As we lost to the Slovaks, that ain't good. Beating Slovakia and losing to Croatia would have been better for qualication.
If points and goal difference are equal I imagine head to head does come in to play.

Yes, head-to-head. But for the record, I don't expect there won't be difference between the teams points-wise.

When are Salloi and Fiola coming back?
Salloi isn't really important, but Sallai is. His injury ended up more serious than initially thought. The latest is that his season is done..

http://www.csakfoci.hu/serulesek/sallai-nem-jatszhat-szlovakia-es-horvatorszag-ellen-ismet-muteni-kellett

FRISSÍTÉS: A mértékadó német sportlap, a Kicker is megerősíti az újbóli operáció tényét és hozzáteszi, hogy ezzel alighanem véget érhet a magyar válogatott támadó idénye is.

·
Registered
5,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I guess it's slightly the same.

It is exciting to see how Szalai is giving all he's got willing to substitute Sallai (I guess he already knows once Sallai is fit, he won't be Nr.01), he really gave everything just like Juji. That kergetés in their midfield was impressive and flaming.

Head-to-head won't be an issue. It is highly unlikely we will be equal on points. I don't expect it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts