Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
62,132 Posts
Lads,

I am starting this topic now (sooner, than szövkap, hehe:smileani:)

Any expectations and important changes in your NT since last match?
:wallbang: you beat me with this one.

anyway, my prediction as follows

Hungary - Montenegro 2-2

and Koemanék remain unbeaten :)

·
Registered
62,132 Posts
realistic:

Hungary - Montenegro 1-5

optimistic:

Hungary - Montenegro 2-2

·
Registered
62,132 Posts
you don't know our defence :D

remember

Hungary - Yugoslavia 1-7
Yugoslavia - Hungary 5-0

(wc quali play-offs 1997)

and we play without a striker these days. 4-6-0 our new system.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
szövkap;6427370 said:
you don't know our defence :D

remember

Hungary - Yugoslavia 1-7
Yugoslavia - Hungary 5-0

(wc quali play-offs 1997)

and we play without a striker these days. 4-6-0 our new system.
1) That was over 10 years ago so that result doesn't have anything to do with the present.

2) Serbia and Montenegro were one country back then.

3) Yugoslavia had legendary Serb and Montenegrin players on that team in 1997; Stojkovic, Mijatovic, Mihajlovic, Jugovic, Savicevic...you won't find that on the Montenegrin squad, as great as Mirko Vucinic is :pp.

4-6-0 Hungary plays? I would be shocked to see them play that vs. us.

·
Registered
62,132 Posts
must play 4-6-0 because we have no strikers, seriously. but a decent midfield. so we have to play with what we have. unless Németh makes his debut finally. funny isn't it? a reserve player is considered the saviour of hungarian football. :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
It was pretty funny reading those posts. :)
I also don't think that Montenegro wining 4-0 is realistic, but tied game would do.

I always wondered what is the reason why Hungarian football worsened so much. Is it about money investment, youth players training programme or something else?

·
Registered
62,132 Posts
I always wondered what is the reason why Hungarian football worsened so much. Is it about money investment, youth players training programme or something else?
we have been wondering for 22 years now. we still don't know. the conditions (money, youth, stadiums etc) are not too different to those in Czech Rep, Romania or Croatia f.ex. but these countries qualify for almost every tournament while we even struggle to finish 4th or 5th in our groups. last time we became 6th.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi all!

Well, as I'm concerned, the Hungary-Montenegro is going to be an entertaining clash, and i'm seriously afraid of Mirko Vucinic, he is such a great footballer, and he can play from the midfield as well, not only as a striker. We have a common acquaintance, Poleksic, goalee of Debrecen, I am curious how he will do for Montenegro. I think both teams has got stronger since the last meeting in Podgorica, but as szövkap said, the oppositions can always rely on Hungary's defence. The funny thing is, that most of the times, our playing standard is more than acceptable, sometimes entertaining, but our defence... You never know, what's gonna happen in the backline

But my tip is, Hungary- Montenegro: 3-2( Gera, Németh, Dárdai, Vucinic, Bozovic- if plays)

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Hungary and Montenegro tied 3-3.

Goals:

Hungary 29'- T. Priskin
Montenegro 45'- Jovetic (pen.)
Montenegro 52'- Vukcevic
Hungary 56'- T. Hajnal
Montenegro 69'- Jovetic
Hungary 88'- T. Priskin (pen.)

Not a bad result on the road for CG, although I would've preferred a win.

Next up though, WC QUALIFYING :happy:!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts