Xtratime Community banner

4061 - 4080 of 4087 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I mean it's not like he turned everything upside down at Borussia. As far as I remember, that is, it was a long time.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Wish you were right, this is closer to the Liberty Bell. Does him being older than Schön (25) make it better or worse?

Probably not going to catch Hahn János, for the gólkirályi cím.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I mean I consider this another braindead decision if this turns out to be true. NB1 is getting better (the teams will have to prove it in the ECL but I stand by this), MLS is going nowhere.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
I wish he would've stayed too, but MLS is improving as well. It's actually quite remarkable how the league has grown. Philadelphia Union just supplied Salzburg with their Szoboszlai replacement, Brendan Aaronson.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Maybe so, Aron, maybe so. I'm a bit tamáskodó when it comes to MLS. It's just too damn far away, remember how Nikolics struggled to even get into the Hun NT squad.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
I thought that was when he lemondta the NT, no? Either way I agree it's surely an issue. In fact it's the biggest issue as I think the standard is pretty comparable. It might even toughen them up a bit as it's more physical. Non-covid crowds you play in front of in MLS are considerably bigger as well, even if you count Fradi.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Ugródeszka so he claims..

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
He is you typical opportunistic fella who thinks he's gonna be a big start in the big city. He needs a proper manager, but I guess it's already too late.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
I wouldn't know if thinks that way or not. You'd think failing at Ajax would've checked his ego a bit. Even if does well, it's not the same as doing it in LA, Atlanta or Seattle. That's more big city for MLS.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Ha ha😂 Boris did say he likes American football but isn't interested in MLS soccer, so that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. If crowds are able to get somewhat back to normal, he'll definitely be playing in front of more people than at MTK. If there is a step up here, that would be it.

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
Think you're right, now. We'll see what he says when gets a job offer from MLS that pays way better:)

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
A step up szakmailag, no. However, when Niko went from Legia to Chicago Fire did he consider that a step up? Highly doubt it. Just in one way perhaps....$$$. From a champion in Europe (ok, no top bajnokság) to the worst team in MLS.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Can't really blame Niko though. You have a family and kids in Poland and you know you will retire in 10 years' time, what would you do?

4061 - 4080 of 4087 Posts