Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hungarian Football Memorabilia

As you may know I'm a bit of a collector of Hungarian Football Memorabilia and keep a lookout for rare shirts, programmes, tickets, Autographs, dvds etc. esp on Ebay.

But here's something you'll have to check out and have a laugh at
Puskas Autograph ????Yeah right!"

I sent the guy an email explaining that it couldn't be Puskas's autograph because
a) it's horrible and not like his writing
b) Hungarians always have the surname first and he signs either PuskasF or Puskas Ferenc.

The guy wrote back and said...I DISAGREE!!!!!!

It's bad enough trying to rip people off with forged signature, but with one that is awfully fake :doh:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
15 quid 4 a signed 53 program by Ösci?
I think I'll put in a bid :D

did you ever get that Puskás DVD?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DVD ! Not yet! How is Osci Baci these days??? My Dad was also known as Ocsi Baci!!

The Programme is now at £41!! I hate to see people get ripped off by a crook!!! :thmbdown: :thmbdown:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
he looks a lot better now than he did 4 years ago.
I remember in 2001 he kicked of the game Vs Germany...he looked terrible.
he looked better in 2002 at the Spain game, and after that he seems to be okay.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bentex said:
this one looks real

but out of my price range :depress:
I'm always dubious about buying autographs from ebay, no matter how authentic they seem.

This one Puskas Autograph seems more genuine than the rest (and a decent price). If I could be ABSOLUTELY sure, I'd get it. But I'm still not convinced.

Have you seen this!!!!
CORINTHIAN CLUB GOLD 2005 KOCSIS

Not that I collect these toys, but it makes me laugh! Surely it should look remotely like the player. (or at least have some distinctive characteristics). In Kocsis' case, what about the trademark long neck!!!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's another one....what do you think??

Mrs Puskas aka ELIZABETH PUSKAS???

Mrs Puskas

Wouldn't it be Puskas Erzebet? :googly:

Just seems so dodgy to me!! :irritate: :irritate:

The 'legal' letter even has agreement spelt wrong! :wallbang: :wallbang:

Not a great collectors piece but may be used for :ass:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Ultrafox said:
Mrs Puskas aka ELIZABETH PUSKAS???

Mrs Puskas

Wouldn't it be Puskas Erzebet? :googly:

Just seems so dodgy to me!! :irritate: :irritate:

The 'legal' letter even has agreement spelt wrong! :wallbang: :wallbang:

Not a great collectors piece but may be used for :ass:

I saw this one last night, and I was suspicious immediately :)
everything is wrong about it.

·
Registered
79,615 Posts

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Ultrafox said:
But here's something you'll have to check out and have a laugh at
Puskas Autograph ????Yeah right!"
You noticed they have the old magyar zaszlo with the korona on the program on the top and on the bottom they have the communist symbols. Is that part right? Interesting if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
goalpdl said:
You noticed they have the old magyar zaszlo with the korona on the program on the top and on the bottom they have the communist symbols. Is that part right? Interesting if you ask me.
Interesting and correct! This is definately the program from 1953. There are always some on ebay up for grabs. Maybe it was England's way of recognising the pre-communist tradition of Hungarian football.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bentex said:
I expect you already have the book PUSKAS on PUSKAS! If not get it! It's the best account of his career available. Captain of Hungary is a good colletors item and interesting but it is a little boys book and too short.

The one thing I want from Ebay (though it's always more than I can afford), is a genuine ticket stub from Wembley 53 to frame.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Bentex??....how many Hungarian things are you bidding for on Ebay? :hopefull: :)

I saw the 100th Anniversay Badge and thought that might be worth having....and then I see the bidder :howler: Again! :howler:

So I'm not going to bid against you. :thumbsup: I hope you'll do the same when you see me bidding. :thumbsup:

There's a Hungarian shirt on German Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5187192229

but I doubt I'll get it as I don't want to go much higher!

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Ultrafox said:
Hey Bentex??....how many Hungarian things are you bidding for on Ebay? :hopefull: :)

I saw the 100th Anniversay Badge and thought that might be worth having....and then I see the bidder is:howler: Again! :howler:

So I'm not going to bid against you. :thumbsup: I hope you'll do the same when you see me bidding. :thumbsup:
loads m8 :D .... its your fault! you got me addicted :D
Magyarmaxie has put in a higher bid for the flag, you are welcome to bid for that... infact if you see something you want and Im bidding for it ask me if it is priority for me to get it. Because I just buy things for the fun sometimes :) and if you really wanted it I would be happy for you to bid 1 penny more at the last min ;)

I got 2 DVDs and 2 books this morning.
the 'captain of hungary' book came... it is okay (nothing special) but worth a read.

the Puskás on Puskás book is on ebay too, but it nearly same price on Amazon... so I'll wait a month or two for that.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We will win??? Win what? The wooden spoon?

I suppose the person who designed this shirt doesn't follow football :dielaugh: :dielaugh:

Incidently, I saw the 100 year badge on another UK site for £2 + P&P. So don't pay more. :smileani:

·
Registered
79,615 Posts
Ultrafox said:
Incidently, I saw the 100 year badge on another UK site for £2 + P&P. So don't pay more. :smileani:
link? I was working all day yesterday and got out bidded for it :(

1 - 20 of 233 Posts