Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hungarian football seems to be slipping further and further downhill-is the game still popular in hungary?-and-are there any good young players on the horizon?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Firstly Welcome to Xtratime kiwi :)
Secondly, im sure Sanyi will be able to answer all your questions about Hungarian Football ;)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Don't think it's that bad, for they still have many good players playing abroad. May be some back from what previously was. But this event occurs in many countries.

·
Registered
57,304 Posts
kiwi said:
hungarian football seems to be slipping further and further downhill-is the game still popular in hungary?-and-are there any good young players on the horizon?
Hi, Kiwi!

i guess u r of some magyar origin, arent you?

to answer your questions:

the 90s were a really miserable decade of hungarian football due to many problems, first of all economocally based problems.

the stadiums are in very bad conditions, nobody except some brutal hooligans wants to go see the matches, there is an average of about 1500 people per match.
even though it is still the nr1 sports in hungary.
but: there are a couple of good young players on the horizon,
such as miklos fehér (fc porto, but probably atletico madrid within the next days), krisztián lisztes (playmaker of werder bremen),
pál dárdai (this years shootingstar of hertha bsc berlin), lászló bodnár (defender of dynamo kijev), a good number of excellent keepers (király, babos, szücs)

·
Registered
57,304 Posts
Kiwi!

maybe I forgot to mention attila tököli, robert waltner, krisztián kenesei, péter kabát and imre szabics, they are strikers with a good potential. if they improve a bit (by playing in higher quality leagues) they could reach top european level, and our youth teams are also doing quite well. so, there is still hope.
however, the next match of the national team is in early february when they play a 4 nations tournament in cyprus, first vs. czech republic, lets see what happens.

BTW, what about the all blacks? i am a great fan of your rugby team!

And [email protected]

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-sanyi- thankyou for your thorough reply-in response to your queries-i do not have hungarian heritage-i became interested many years ago reading a hungarian writer in an english football magazine -i liked the basic philosophy----skill-attack-and the history was impressive-the draw with italy rekindled my interest but it was not to be-the crowds-stadium and hooligans make depressing reading-i read somewhere about a new hotshot gera?-heard of him?-re the all blacks-home sentiment is that our forward pack is too soft-but we are getting new players and a new hard arse coach so we are hopeful-in nz the big sporting news is cricket-you probably have never heard of this game but suffice to say we in the past have been bad at it-but our recent results have amazed us all so currently the country is cricket crazy----many thanks for your reply-regards kiwi

·
Registered
57,304 Posts
kiwi said:
-sanyi- thankyou for your thorough reply-in response to your queries-i do not have hungarian heritage-i became interested many years ago reading a hungarian writer in an english football magazine -i liked the basic philosophy----skill-attack-and the history was impressive-the draw with italy rekindled my interest but it was not to be-the crowds-stadium and hooligans make depressing reading-i read somewhere about a new hotshot gera?-heard of him?-re the all blacks-home sentiment is that our forward pack is too soft-but we are getting new players and a new hard arse coach so we are hopeful-in nz the big sporting news is cricket-you probably have never heard of this game but suffice to say we in the past have been bad at it-but our recent results have amazed us all so currently the country is cricket crazy----many thanks for your reply-regards kiwi
oh, thats amazing that someone from nz could just like that get interedsted in hungarian football, but well, it has a long tradition with great successes in the past and the present that sux.
sure , I know zoltán gera, he is a weirdo, but i like him, he is just 20 years old, and defenders shouldnt come too close to him within the 16meters area, otherwise he will fall and the ref gives the penalty, he is very tricky in falling.
but i know what cricket is, i am only not really familiar with the rules, but i love rugby, i was very disappointed in the last world cup cause the all blacks lost against the french.:depress:

regards

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not pulling any chains-i read about gera in a magazine called world soccer-they said he had great skills but had problems when he was younger

·
Registered
57,304 Posts
kiwi said:
not pulling any chains-i read about gera in a magazine called world soccer-they said he had great skills but had problems when he was younger
well, I wouldnt call it problems, he was just smoking some marihuana, that is where the skills came from.
sort of doping:cool:
edgar davids did the same:cool:

·
Banned
142 Posts
Davids...deboer...stamm.....what losers....probably the whole dutch team was taking steroids...i think those guys are just the ones that got randomly tested, and therefore got caught.

·
Registered
57,304 Posts
LeeScratchPerry said:
Davids...deboer...stamm.....what losers....probably the whole dutch team was taking steroids...i think those guys are just the ones that got randomly tested, and therefore got caught.
they found steroids and "other substances" in Davids`piss, so guess what that can be:confused: :confused:

S

·
0 Posts
sanyi said:

well, I wouldnt call it problems, he was just smoking some marihuana, that is where the skills came from.
sort of doping:cool:
edgar davids did the same:cool:
Gera Zoli is a cool guy, with him smoking many weed our team could make it to the play-offs:cool:

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Videoton is playing a friendly match against Brazilian outfit Avaí F.C. this Friday in the city of Florianópolis.

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
LeeScratchPerry said:
florianopolis?
Yes in the south of Brazil. Florianópolis is the homeland of the Brazilian tennis player Gustavo Kuerten, by the way Kuerten cheers for Avaí.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts