Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hull City Won again.. 0-3 @ WBrom

Quite a Suprise. What do you think? Geovanni?

Catania, it must be Zenga-Effect.

Experts, What Magic do they have. The coach, the players, or the schedules.

Edit : minus the Big Club Sevilla.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
how can you name 2 times UEFA cup winner sevilla on the same sentence as hull and catania??

hull and catania being in the top is quite a surprize, but sevilla...
they are up there coz they have big name players for that to be achievable.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
of course... Sevilla are doing good.... I mean just using last season's results... that shape current expectations.

Well. that apply to Valencia as well, or any team that may be a suprise.

maybe the fact that RM and Barca are below them, including Villareal too, sort of has this 'suprise'.

NOT that any of the club doesnt deserve...

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
what i meant to say is, while hull and catania's success come as a surprize given their lack of quality and depth in their squad, we can't say the same thing about sevilla...they have a deep and quality squad that just needed a lil inspiration and motivation to get back to their form....if then, u can add milan and valencia to the list, who looked uninspirational last season but look a lot better this year

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
valencia and sevilla re big clubs it is no suprise that they are at the top end of the table. it is still quite a long way to go though.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok lets get Sevilla off the list.. if that is so unproper. Any opinions on Catania and Hull please.

Mods, pls take Sevilla off.. i changed my topic ;)

·
Registered
69,350 Posts
Hull City were pretty ambitious in the lower leagues in England, especially after their built their new stadium and they have some good players within the squad...though I have to be honest when I saw Phil Brown was in charge I'd thought they'd have no chance :pp

·
Registered
69,350 Posts
well to be fair to Phil Brown, he was at Derby during a very bad time, the club was a disaster, the board was a mess and the club was in heavy debt. And it was his first ever job after leaving Bolton.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Hull is just another Wigan and Reading.........very good at the first year in PL and just pretty average after that and maybe go back to where they came from

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Hull have a decent squad and financially they're quite well off for a EPL newbie.

Catania...Zenga is a quality manager and did really well at Red Star and Steaua.

·
Registered
57,800 Posts
village club Hoffenheim (2000 inhabitants) is just another case. they are winning against Hamburg atm and top the german league again. :eek:

·
Registered
395 Posts
village club Hoffenheim (2000 inhabitants) is just another case. they are winning against Hamburg atm and top the german league again. :eek:
well Hoffenheim wont be a one time wonder.
They are owned by Dietmar Hopp who himself owns SAP (a big company).
They went from the 3rd league to the 1st in 2 years.

Its also true that the village Hoffenheim is really small but its in a region with enough potential for fans and they got already a lot of new fans in the last two years.

Though one should mention that Hopp is no Abramovich. He invests a lot in youth development and young players. Thats why Hoffenheim has also the youngest team in the league.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
catania drew yesterday. this probably means " reality check" for them as from now on, it won't be any easier. fiorentina, juve are getting better...napoli, udi are top, lazio, palermo are always there and roma...well..they are..so far...hopeless

·
Registered
57,800 Posts
well Hoffenheim wont be a one time wonder.
They are owned by Dietmar Hopp who himself owns SAP (a big company).
They went from the 3rd league to the 1st in 2 years.

Its also true that the village Hoffenheim is really small but its in a region with enough potential for fans and they got already a lot of new fans in the last two years.

Though one should mention that Hopp is no Abramovich. He invests a lot in youth development and young players. Thats why Hoffenheim has also the youngest team in the league.
they were even in 8th league back in 1991 and in 2000 still in 5th league!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
A very good topic of discussion:thumbsup:phil Brown has Hull playing some great spirited football but will it be a one season wonder we must ask.Zenga has catania playing very tight agressive football they don't score heap's but don't concede alot either,a loss away to Inter just and a admiring draw away to Juve.

The thing with Hull and Catania is neither of the two club's have any real champion's,but they do bust their gut's game in and out and have some real player's to take note of.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts