Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys remember back in 1990, when Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior was the most recognised faces of Wrestling and both were enjoying the most succesful time of their career ( well, atleast Warrior was, Hulkamania was on top of his game at Wrestlemania 3 ).

Then out of the blue both these famous and well known wrestlers were drawn to fight eachother, the fans didnt know what to do, who should they choose, most of Warriors fans were Hulkamaniacs to, and many of Hulkamaniacs cheered for the Warrior aswell. But there was a difference between the two, Hogan was a recognised Legend, Warrior was a Legend in his own right, but not as recognised as Hogan.

But getting to the point, the most interesting thing about their match was that it was champion vs champion, both were title holders. Both had something to loose or something to gain, Hogan could loose his title ,and the Warrior could gain the World title for the first time.

Thats exactly whats going to happen on sunday when Brescia plays Bologna, its going to be champion vs champion, Baggio vs Signori. ( Although they might not enjoy the best play of their career at the moment, they definitley are two of the most famous players in Italy. )

Most of Signori fans are Baggio fans to, and many Baggio fans likes Singori aswell. But on top of that, and this is the point of the thread, its going to be a once in a life chance for both.

Baggio can with his play, not only save Brescia from relegation but also book a ticket to the WC. While Signori can with a Bologna win, play in the CL for the first time.

The wrestling match ended in such a manner, where both wrestlers came out as winners, is that possible for Baggio and Signori ?

Dizzamn, this is one hell of a trial for Baggio and Signori fanboys.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Wow, simply amazing analogy

to think i though this would be my first act as mod here, move a thread :D to the wrestling forum also mine :tongue:

Signori v. Baggio

who will rise higher

only one thing to say

FORZA ROBY!!!!!!!!!!

Lav

G

·
Then out of the blue both these famous and well known wrestlers were drawn to fight eachother, the fans didnt know what to do, who should they choose, most of Warriors fans were Hulkamaniacs to, and many of Hulkamaniacs cheered for the Warrior aswell. But there was a difference between the two, Hogan was a recognised Legend, Warrior was a Legend in his own right, but not as recognised as Hogan.
That brings back memories :tongue:

So what is it? I take it Baggio is wearing the World Championship belt while Signori is wearing the Intercontinetal one. :tongue:

·
Registered
13,198 Posts
Yea, cool topic. :happy:
This match is one for the ages. We as fans won't be able to see these two great legends square off against each other with such high stakes perhaps ever again!
I'll never forget Siggy's and Baggio's work together during World Cup 94. In Foxboro, Mass., with the score tied 1-1 vs. Spain in the quarterfinals, Signori pulled down a ball in the corner of the midfield and layed a beautiful lob pass to Baggio, who rounded Zubizerreta and struck home a highly tough angled shot for the win. It was a moment of teamwork that only these two legends could produce. I remember being very upset that Sacchi choose for Massaro vs. Brasil in the finals and other matches. Who could ever forget Massaro's missed sitter in the final that contributed to Italy's loss? Oh man. :depress:
Anyway, Baggio and Signori face each other off. I wish them both the best, as they are among the league's most classiest players. However, I'm rooting for Roby and Brescia to survive in Serie A.
:star: :star: :fero:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
If Brescia gets relegated, perhaps we'll see Baggio playing for Bologna next year. Can you imagine that attack duo playing together again.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
An intersting fact from the wrestling match is that Hogan actually had the Warrior covered for a three count but since the ref was knocked out he wasnt given the victory.

I was almost sure that would repeat in this match as Baggio would play great and score a goal but in the end Singori would be victorious.

But unlike Hogan, when Baggio hulks up, he really is immortal.

I hope Trap chooses him to play in the WC as it would make the WC even more intersting for fans like me.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Dracula said:
An intersting fact from the wrestling match is that Hogan actually had the Warrior covered for a three count but since the ref was knocked out he wasnt given the victory.
Nausiating topic :tongue:

I'm a firm believer that if there's such a thing as hell, it will manifest itself as a freakshow resembling that of wrestling; a charade with devious concepts, no integrity nor honesty and generally it will be the absolute anti-thesis to entertainment.

Mentioning ROBERTO BAGGIO and BEPPE SIGNORI in the same post as braindead, drugged meatloafs spouting empty rhetoric as a front to make $ on people's fascination with bad taste and feigned, 100% designed warriorlike mano a mano confrontations....

GIVES ME THE FECKING CREAPS :D :devil: :yuck: ;) !!!!!!

Btw. My consternation is partly caused by a gallon of coffee, being extremely tired and wanting to pull your noses, but I do confess... wrestling in the pro-show form absolutely is absolutely appaling to me. I'd prefer being chained in front of a 60" TV-screen for a wheel of fortune marathon with a full power acne smithen, demented dwarff spoonfeeding me raw liver and mayonnaise to watching a wrestling show.

Really..

;)

NB: Good to see that Baggio kept Brescia up there. With Mero, and all- Brescia deserves it for sure.

Ciao.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I'm with Glen, please don't compare the best game in the world to a joke of a sport(is it a sport?) like wrestling ever again . :yuck: :D
Bep and Robi are Gods who have no equivalent in a sport like that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts