Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Portuguese:

O jogador estará descontente com a sua experiência em Madrid, que se agravou com o facto de a equipa, muito provavelmente, ir descer à segunda Divisão espanhola e o FC Porto aparece como provável destino de Hugo Leal. 'O Independente' refere mesmo que 'fonte próxima do clube liderado por Pinto da Costa revelou o interesse do FC Porto em Hugo Leal'. A confirmar-se esta surpreendente transferência, coisa que só se saberá depois de estar tudo bem definido, como é apanágio de Pinto da Costa, o técnico Fernando Santos reeditará nas Antas o meio-campo que trouxe o Alverca à I Liga: Deco e Hugo Leal, curiosamente passaram os dois pelo Benfica. Outro factor que dá consistência a esta possibilidade foi a presença do pai de Hugo Leal e de Jorge Mendes, empresário do jogador, em Munique para assistirem ao jogo da Liga dos campeões que ditou o afastamento do FC Porto da competição. Os dois mantiveram, inclusive, um diálogo com Reinaldo Teles, responsável pelo departamento de futebol dos campeões nacionais.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
One things for sure: theres no way Leal will follow Madrid to the second div. However, I think Benfica would also be interested in bringing back Leal. Depends if Benfica gets a CL spot, which doesnt appear likely..

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leal will *never* go back to Benfica. He hates Benfica. Leal and his family are all Portista's. Leal, if he comes back to Portugal, will be in Porto.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Leal is an idiot...He took the cash, and had just about the most useless football year, with the exception of one goal he scored against Barca. Don't get me wrong he's talented as any of them, but the guy has no brains. I personally enjoy watching him, but if I were Benfica, I wouldn't touch him with an ugly stick. Porto should get him if he's available, then your midfield would be set if you don't lose Deco.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Leal is a Portista eh? I didn't know that...

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if I was in Leals situation...I would want to leave Benfica as well.
:)

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
If the Leal family are all Portistas, then why did his Dad sell his son to the dreaded Benfica for life?!

I think JVA's far too stuborn to allow Leal to return, even if Leal wanted to (which he doesn't) and the price was right (which it won't be).

For Portugal's sake, I hope he smartens up.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well now with Atletico being relegated Leal is availiable due to a relegation release clause. Should we go get him now?

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
646 Posts
Of course the relegation release clause, i bet Athletico didn't worry when they agreed to that last summer.

I was thinking before that Leal would be too expensive to buy conventionally for a Portuguese club, how much is the clause? $4m or so?

·
Registered
646 Posts
I think he'd rather stay in Spain though and get much more money, why did he leave Portugal in the first place, it wouldn't have been purely about Benfica.

D

·
0 Posts
A few weeks ago newspaper reports here in England claimed that Bobby Robson wanted to bring Leal to Newcastle. Robson is also apparently looking at Luis Enrique and Jose Calado.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Porto has been playing in the CL since the beggining of time ( you get the point :))

trust me they have enough coin to bring Leal back to his rightful team.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Good point about the CL, but he'd get bigger wages in Spain or Italy.

But why would he want to play in the Potuguese League?

Almost every Portuguese player who's good enough is desperate to leave.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
they all want to leave initially but it isn`t long before they want to come back. What is the name of that chap in Braga that wanted to come back? I am sure Leal wants to return and Carlitos is another one who I think wants to return to Portugal. Sa Pinto, Rui Costa,Dimas and Abel Xavier have also stated their desire to return to Portugal before they are deemed old and washed up.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Are you sure about Leal returning ? A week ago Gil assured that Hugo Leal and Baraja will follow the club next year..
I hope he didn't lie :( otherwise i'll go personally to Madrid and kick him ;)

A

·
0 Posts
Speaking as a Benfica fan (forget my nickname, it's just a nick that I got stuck with) I would have to say that Benfiquistas for the most part hope to see Hugo Leal as a washed up "never-was."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts