Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Piacenza striker Dario Hubner has laughed off Internazionale president Massimo Moratti's claim that he will not be trying against Juventus on Sunday because he is hoping to seal a move to the Turin club.

Hubner, who is the leading scorer in Serie A, has been linked with a summer move to Juventus throughout the season, and Moratti has called in to question where Hubner's loyalties lie.

But the former Brescia star insisted: "Moratti can stay calm, because Piacenza are a serious club. Since I have been here, I have not received a single offer for my services, and my agent has never been contacted.

"We need one point to be safe from relegation, so I promise I'll score against Juve on Sunday," said Hubner. "No, in fact, I'll score two goals," he predicted.

The race for the Scudetto is coming to the boil, with an off-colour Inter trying to hold off the challenges of champions Roma and thrid-placed Juventus.

Hubner has not played for any of Italy's 'big clubs', despite his incredible scoring record in the top-flight.

It is understood that the 34-year-old would welcome a chance to try his hand at a top club - especially as he seems to have missed out on Italy's squad to travel to Japan and Korea this summer.

And I can't belive that Juventus are actually interested in Hubner.
Maybe he is a good scorer, but he is god-damn old...

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
That's exactly the response Moratti hoped for, to spur him on. Hopefully our defenders will be equal to any effort, but let's not make the mistake of thinking Piacenza are a one man team.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Pretty smart tactics by Moratti. Hopefully they backfire on him, though. Sometimes you get guys talkin' too much SHlT, and then they choke! Let's hope that's what happens this weekend... Hubner. :yuck:

Yeah, and I can't believe that Juve are interested in this guy. Is it true? I hope not. Maybe he can score like hell (let's not forget that Hubner has 5 penalties, making Trez the REAL top gun! :D), but he's thirty-fvckin'-four years old!!! I think it would be a mistake gettin' this guy.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
hey hubner, where are the goals??? didn't u promise to score a goal or 2 against juve??? :rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Hubner wants big club switch Monday 22 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serie A top scorer Dario Hubner has admitted that he’s hoping to earn a move to one of Italy’s biggest clubs this summer.

The Piacenza striker has dismissed reports that Juventus and Inter have made enquiries in the past week but confesses that a move to a title contender would be a dream.

"I’ve never had any contact with any of the big clubs but I hope that occurs at the end of this season," he said on Monday.

"I think that I deserve the chance to play with one of the giants after the season that I’ve had. I’m just wishing that I get a call this summer."

The veteran striker, who will be 35 next week, has had another stunning season in Serie A as his goals have aided his side’s survival campaign.

"This year I’ve played for a team that have supported me well throughout. We’re still a few points short of our target but confident of staying up," he added.

"We’re playing well at the minute and even Juventus suffered against us yesterday. We know it will be tough for us in the last two games but we are aware that we deserve to stay up so we will fight until the end."

Piacenza take on Inter on Sunday before ending the season with a home fixture against fellow strugglers Verona.

channel4
----------------------

i know he wants to go to juventus... :D:D:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts