Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piacenza striker Dario Hubner will try to convince AC Milan he is worthy of a place in their star-laden squad on the club's tour of the United States.

Hubner, out of contract on June 30, is expected to join the Rossoneri for next season, although Lazio and Roma have also been linked with the player.

The 35-year-old is in the twilight of his career, but this season he set Serie A on fire by scoring 24 goals.

He shared the title of 'Capocannoniere' (leading goal scorer) with Juventus' David Trezeguet.

"He has scored so many goals, his experience could be valuable," said Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti.

Piacenza are hoping to get some money for the player who will otherwise walk on a free transfer. They are reportedly seeking 4million euros (£2.4million).

The Rossoneri are to play three friendlies in the United States, starting on Saturday against World Cup hopefuls Ecuador in New Haven, Connecticut.

They travel to East Rutherford on Thursday to face the New York Metrostars and finally on May 19 they take on another World Cup side in Mexico in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
yes Hubner would be a great back up for pippo and sheva...one that can score
READ: MORENO AND JOSE MARI!

Lav

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hubner gets chance to impress Milan

Saturday 11th May 2002

Piacenza striker Dario Hubner's dream of moving to a big club could come true after he was asked by coach Carlo Ancelotti to join AC Milan on their tour of the USA. "I will do everything possible to convince Ancelotti," the 35-year-old said.

Hubner finished as joint top-scorer in Serie A with Juventus forward David Trezeguet, but he is well aware that the next ten days represent his last chance of reaching the top.

"I have a great opportunity," he said. "You have to be clever to be a Milan player: I have ten days to show that I am."

Hubner is used to playing in every game for Piacenza, but he insisted that he was not bothered by the thought of spending most of his time as a substitute. "It doesn't matter: I am ready to sacrifice myself to have the opportunity to play for a great club," he explained. "At the moment I am on holiday with Milan.

"I breathe a different atmosphere, completely different from the way things have been at Piacenza, Brescia and Cesena. This could be the right time for me to join a big club."

It has been reported that Hubner will join Milan next week, with Vitaly Kutuzov and two of Mohammed Aliyu, Mohamud Sarr, Andrea Rabito and Nicola Corrent moving in the other direction.

Hubner missed out on Giovanni Trapattoni's squad for the World Cup, but said there was no bitterness about that. "I never hoped to go to the World Cup," he said. "I would be happy just with a friendly."

Since joining Cesena in 1992, Hubner has never failed to score at least ten goals a season, but it is only now that his talent has been recognised, and he has been linked with a move to Roma. "At Piacenza I have got everything I could wish for to have a peaceful and fulfilling life," he explained in December.

"But I would love to have a go at a big club before I finish. I have never had the chance to play at the very top and would certainly consider ending my career at big club abroad.

"I still think that I've got two years at the top left in me. These days, players can go on for longer because of the new training techniques. I just have to steer clear of bad injuries."

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hübner would be a very good backup for Sheva and Inzaghi. He seems to be very humble and should be a nice addition to the squad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts