Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
let the party begin....

Draw over there, or minimum 1 goal deficit.

recover the tie at Eastlands...

.... cruise the semi.....

.. on to Istanbul :thumbsup:

SIMPLES !!!​

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
A win over there ffs. Keep it tight at the back and press them into making mistakes so we can hit them with our pace. Like Porto did tonight. And pay attention at set pieces. If we concede one more, I'm going to kill myself. We've got to bring some away goals back.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I think we can get a result in HAmburg, like we did against Schalke. We're going in as underdogs in the UEFA Cup for the first time since then so can counter attack hopefully. Hamburg aren't great at the back from what I've seen, but have some good attacking players. I fancy us to get a goal and maybe a 1-1 draw. Ireland is back fortunately and Petrov is back in the squad, thank god.

Come in City!

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
Petrov back :happy:

I don't know whether to tip a draw or City win :undecide:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
damn Robinho sucks!

1 vs 1 so far. HSV seems to be more in controll.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
SHIT THAT WAS STUPID!

but it was not a penalty!

2x1 Hamburg!

Damn if you guys keep playing like this forget!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
How was it not a penalty?

We missed Kompany and De Jong sooooo much. Zabaleta did well, but he can't anchor the midfield by himself. We should've been much tighter from the start. They played really well, but we didn't exactly make it hard for them. Terrible defending (from set pieces again), and we gave the ball away far too much.

We can do it with a 2-0 win, but tbh, I can't see us not conceding if we defend like we did tonight.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
because he tried to protect his face clumsily, he just jumps at the ball and raises his hands towards his face.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Just got up from being out last night. Watched the 2nd half, and IWS is right about us missing Kompany and De Jong. We do have Hamann though who never gets played but could have been ideal here.

Still, we can win the tie still, we're not completely out of it.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
2-0 win at home is not unthinkable, no.

The Ireland goal was a fantastic move.

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Ah, so Sturridge setup the goal... the BBC said it was Robinho. He has got an assist or goal pretty much every game from what I recall.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts