post away:)

·
Registered
36,174 Posts
It's 2 months away...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Wales, Estonia ?? The HNS could not find better opponents, no disrespect to Wales or Estonia, but come on. I am sure the USA would have been open to playing US, seeing how they have Slovenia in their group. :confused:

·
Registered
36,174 Posts
WC teams will already be in Africa, Wales is not a bad opponent.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Wow. This game's like 2-3 months away. Little early for a thread I'm guessing :D

So what should we talk about? Do you guys like stuff?

·
Registered
69,260 Posts
Turkey is doing a tour of America, Czech Republic is coming to America, I think Serbia is coming to America...only Croatia can't, they don't want to reach into that overloaded bank account :rolleyes:

Montenegro has a national team training camp, Croatia still doesn't, the U21s basically train on a farm field in Tuhelj

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Why would you want Croatia to do a tour of America?...Australia, Africa or Asia, waist of time if you ask me. If they're in the vicinity (Europe) fair enough but to go on some intercontinental tour at the moment it utterly pointless.

·
Registered
69,260 Posts
not necessarily a tour....but why not do what Turkey is doing?

They are playing the US in Philly and 3-4 days later the Czech Republic in NJ. Croatia could have done something similar, play the US, then Mexico and then some European teams (as I mentioned the Czechs are coming, Turks, Iceland is playing Mexico somewhere, usually the Danes come here)

Australia would be ok as well, Africa if only they played one of the well known teams, not Zanzibar or something the HNS would probably book.

We already did a tour of Asia back in 2005 I believe, its was a "HNL All-Star" team though

No, lets instead book friendlies against teams ranked 60th and lower so we can keep up our ranking and brag about it to the world media, "Croatia is 10th in the world blah blah"

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
The only reason they went to Asia was because of the money and like you said it wasn't even a B side that went.
How much time do the players have free and no one is keen traveling overseas for several days just to play a friendly game.
We are not in the WC and the Euro qualifiers is what we need to prepare for so playing Mexico atm has of no real benefit.

I'm not excusing HNS for thier incompetancey in organising matches against highly ranked European natioins but it's not as simple as making a phone call, there are many factors that come into consideration especially when the sort after country determins the criteria.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Why would you want Croatia to do a tour of America?...Australia, Africa or Asia, waist of time if you ask me. If they're in the vicinity (Europe) fair enough but to go on some intercontinental tour at the moment it utterly pointless.
there is a huge diaspora population in northamerica that im sure would love to see the national team come over for a tour..im positive they would get good attendance if they did this..HNS im sure would make a good profit if they ever did this..

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Maj ili mozda Svibanj?:thumbsup:

The HNS could organize better friendlies when we were at war and a third of our country was occupied.:rollani: now we get this shit, govno i sranje samo

·
Registered
36,174 Posts
Wow. This game's like 2-3 months away. Little early for a thread I'm guessing :D

So what should we talk about? Do you guys like stuff?
:howler::howler:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.