Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guys what a game!!!! Unbeleivable....

First of all my man of the match:

Stipe Pletikosa. The Kid made save after save to keep us in this game. Now who were the people that doubted him a few months back??? Tako je Stipane!!!!

Man of the match #2:

The goal post....znas da ima Boga!!!

I think Rapaic played a great game. The guy is nothing but a work horse. He runs, runs, and runs, trying to create for the team. He is not a finisher, but you need players like him on the pitch too.

Olic...a gazelle. Where was he in the first game??? Had he played maybe we'd have two victories...

Vugrenec played a solid game up front...

All in all it was a total team effort. When we started attacking after Italy scored that first goal, I said, that is the way we should play all the time...

We had some chances and Buffoon made some great saves especially off the Vugrenec shot, but that is OK.

Italy also got a bit unlucky. The first disallowed goal, well that was close. I don't think the guy was offsides, but what can you do...we had goals disallowed for us as well.

The second one, well, the Italian player did foul Simic in the box by grabbing his shirt and taking him down. That was a foul and nobody can say otherwise.

Now, for the negative...and this is the coach in me coming out....we still can't put more that 5 passes together in one time. If we are to progress far in this tournament we need to do that....

If all goes as planned, hopefully we have a rematch with the Italians in the semi-finals...and hoepfully with the same results....

NAPRID VATRENI!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By the way....did you guys notice that during the National Anthem when they panned the Croatian fans in the crowd, the guys that wore the shirts that spelled out "Mi Bi Jebali!" :D

H

·
0 Posts
Bravo Croatzia!

Cestitam igracima Hrvatske Nogometne Reprezentacije na pobjedi, jos ima nada za nas. Igraci su super odigrali utakmicu, brzo i borbeno. Sada je situacija u Groupi G otvorena da mogu obje ekipe proci do drugog kola. Vidjeti cemo sto ce biti u cetvrtak sa Ekuadorom, sve je sada moguce da Hrvatska ide dalje.

Volim te Hrvatska!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Miss Montenegrina....they played with a will to win. That is what you want from your team. Had they played like this against Mexico...well, we'd be unbeaten right now...;)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
First off, sorry forposting that in the other thread. All media I read gave Croatia credit for that win, the two disallowed goals were rightfully disallowed, top marks to the linesman. It just boils my blood that respected media sorces would take this away from us. I apologise.

Now, to the game.

We outplayed Italy, especially in the first half where we had more possesion and 5 more shots. Vugrinec's effort should have been in, and Doni had a good chance at the other end.

All in all, we played a great game. Italy only had two chances before we took the lead, and they scored off one of them.

Pletikosa- looked a little shaky going in, didn't handle the high balls with great skill, great saves in the first and at the end of the game.

Simunic- Also looked shaky, was solid in the air and on the ground, only Vieri beat him, and scored.

Tomas- kept Totti invisible, need I say more?

Saric- excellent forward runs, showed some skill and solid defensively. It'll be interesting to see if Zivkovic plays against Ecuador

R. Kovac- one of the best today, solid as always.

Soldo- one good shot, usual good play defensively from our veteran

N. Kovac- great skills, wanted more and tried as best he could, top marks for effort. Good game all in all.

Jarni- this is the Robert we're used to, set up the first goal and nobody broke our left side.

Vugrinec- Great first half, good chance and excellent skills. All in all, a great asset in the team.

Rapaic- great game on the left for Miki, he broke them down, took good corners from both sides, excellent goal and some chances that are worthy a mention. According to some, our best player today.

Boksic- BORBENO ALENE !!! TO LEGENDO !! Good effort from Boka today, he dazzled 'em with some silky moves and good passes. All in all, vise nego prolazno :)

Subs played well, Simic and Vranjes made no mistakes.

OLIC !!! what a start, blinding speed and great technique, first goal for Croatia in competitive competition.

We outplayed Italy, not by a huge margain, but outplayed nonetheless.

NAPRIJED VATRENI !!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jozic has seen the light...great performance by the young guys...I see a bright future for this team with these guys in the line up...and just think, all this without Tudor!

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
I also see Maric and Biscan in our future Vatreni.

this is one to savor !!

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
All I can say is

BEAUTIFUL!!!

When Rapaic's shot hit the back of the net is was so beautiful!!! My father actually started to have tears and his buddy just kept feeding us shots (at 6:30 a.m :D :D :D )...

Let the Italians cry now about the ref, conspiracy theories, blah, blah, blah, we took the three points.

This could not be sweeter. Especially after I heard that Inszaghi was practising goal-scoring celebrations before this game. What an egotistical little prick.

Great win!!!!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
heaven, im in heaven .....!

vugi, rapaic, olic.....

very sleepy, must recharge batteries....

:) :) :)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
he was practising what?????????????!!!!!!!

Is there no end to their arrogance...oh wait, there is, Rapa and Olic :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
I commend Jozic on his strategy today. However, I think the passed two games shows how important the firendlies were prior to the World Cup and how we should have played better teams, such as those that were in the WC or WC capable. We played crappy teams with our older players and won. Therefore, it seemed they would be fine during the WC. If we played good teams, they would have realized that we needed fresh blood and could have tested Olic and others extensively. If this was done, there would probably have been a different line-up for Mexico and another win for us.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
I'm just proud of the way our guys played. Showed heart, determination and played some attractive football... I liked how Vranjes and Olic were brought on... We suddenly looked like a very young team with a bright future ahead.

We still have to get the win against Ecuador though as I'm sure they will be very tough and I hope it doesn't turn out to be a let down game.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Go Croatia!

Great Match HRVATSKA!! Congratulations! :D

/\/\/\/\/\/\
|======| --CROATIA--
|DCDCDC|
|DCDCDC|
|DCDCDC|
\DCDCD/
--------- :party:

·
International
8,545 Posts
My take on the game:

Pletikosa - he played well and made a few good saves.

Defence - The benefit of a 3 man defence is they're all central defenders and can move anywhere in the line. Simunic did a great job on Vieri, except for the goal. Tomas had a great game and also marked Vieri well when he needed to. Kovac is Kovac and was solid as usual.

Midfield - I actually thought Saric played well, much better than I expected and I prefer him to Zivkovic for the next game. Soldo was solid as usual and I was most impressed with Niko Kovac. He fought so hard again and won a lot of tackles and his passing was even excellent. His stock is rising in my eyes, 2 great games in the WC! Jarni did well, after all it was his cross that got Olic the goal. Rapaic was excellent, this is the kind of form he doesn't show often enough and as good as he was, he could play even better and that's saying a lot of this man's talent.

Attack - Boka came to play today and was involved in a lot of activity. He had nice passes as well and some good crosses. Vuga played a good game, not up to par for him, but still a good game.

Olic played great when he came in, not only a goal but caused headaches for the Italian defence. What an impressive WC debut for the 22 year old! Vranjes also did well when he came in, didn't play for too long but he was solid. Simic did well in the defence and it was something to see the game ending with 4 central defenders.

Maybe the Mexico game was good for us after all. Jozic made the changes he needed, played more offensive with different players and not only did we win, but we played better than the Italians and it isn't easy to do. Beating Italy after being down by a goal in the second half is not easy to do so it's really a great accomplishment.

We've proven we can play with the best of em and now we have to keep this form against Ecuador. They only managed one shot on goal against Italy and it was very late in the game.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ooooooooolllllleeeeeeee, ole, ole, olaaaaaaaaa, Hrvatskaaaaaa, Hrvatskaaaaaaaaa.......

VATRENI!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts