Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I kada Goran Ivanisevic nije tu, Hrvati prave cuda na Vimbldonu. Treceg dana takmicenja na Otvorenom prvenstvu Engleske u tenisu senzaciju je priredio osamnaestogodisnji kvalifikant Mario Ancic. On je u tri seta, sa 6:3, 7:6, 6:3 pobedio sedmog nosioca, Svajcarca Rozea Federera. Mladi Splicanin, rangiran kao 154. na ATP listi, a tek 224. u ATP trci, uopste nije izgledao zbunjeno, iako je svoj prvi vimbldonski mec u karijeri igrao pred hiljadama ljudi na centralnom terenu. Koliko je bio bolji govori i rezultat jedinog taj-brejka u mecu – 7:2 za Ancica. Prosle godine Ancic je pobedjivao na terenima GEMAX-a u Beogradu, a vec sada, posle sedam profesionalnih meceva u karijeri, jasno je da je pred njim velika buducnost i u globalnim razmerama.

Good work:)

I heard that Ivanisevic refused to go to Wimbledon & be a spectator. He said something like "Either on the field, or not at all". Thats one hell of an attitude & hopefully Ancic will follow his steps:)

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Hopefully young Ancic can have a career even half as successful as Goran's.

I hear he's a giant. 6'7" or something like that!

·
©
7,230 Posts
Goran is actually helping him which could be good or bad. If he starts screaming and throwing his raquets around you know why.:D But Goran said that he would teach him all the things that he knows and things that he did wrong so Ancic doesn't make the same mistakes. He is only 18 I think.

I have read things saying that he has the talent to be no1 player in the world one day.:)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
excellent, Goran will be back back next year. Lets hope Ancic leaves his mark on this years wimbledon, but it's difficult to make it in the world of pro tennis.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I saw extensive highlights of Ancic's victory over Federer and damn he looked impressive.. he is only 18 and looks to have a great future :D

This kid is huge.. for someone so tall he moves so well and appears to have a great volleying game aswell :)

The future looks promising ;)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i read that Goran couldnt go coz he was advised by his doctor not to travel after having surgery on his shoulder...although knowing Goran, i agree with what aca wrote :D

Also read that Ancic called up Goran before the match and asked him for some tips on how to beat Federer.

Interview @ www.wimbledon.org if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Ancic lost today... J. Vacek d. M. Ancic 6-4, 6-4, 7-5

After watching Ancic defeat Federer he proved that he can play, especially for an 18 year old kid in his first Grand Slam
Ancic is a big guy (around 6'4 I believe) and although very tall, he is extremely athletic which gives him a big advantage over other players
Just like Philipoussis, Ancic is big and athletic and has a big serve
I was quite suprised that he lost so easily to Vacek in the second round, especailly after crushing Federer
I expected Ancic to go pretty far in this tournament as his style of play blends in with the fast-paced grass courts of Wimbledon

On a side note, my good friend who also plays tennis, met Ancic in Florida (one of the best tennis playing camps) and he told me that he is a really good guy with lot's of talent and potential, he also said that Ancic likes soccer and his favorite team is Lazio because of Dejan Stankovic ;)

But in a couple years time expect Ancic to become more and more popular and do better in tournaments, unless of course he gets a serious injury or something...;)

I'd like to see him in the French Open, although I heard he's decent on clay, it would still be interesting to see how he would change his game from the type he played in Wimbledon...

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
sure keep dreaming Petko

..Sure he like Lazio and Stankovic...sure he does...

No Croatian in his right mind likes Lazio.

Petko, my cousin's girlfriend's uncle's teacher's mailman's butcher said that Dokic loves the BBB and has a poster of Zvonimir Boban in her room. After all, she's from Croatia...and loves a great soccer country;)

Man-another Cro on the world stage. Unbelievable!

·
©
7,230 Posts
:howler: :howler:

I didn't mind Nazio before they sarted buying players at stupid prices. Now they are whinging that soccer need's a slaray cap because they are broke.:D

oh yeah.....and their fans are a bunch of idiots.:rolleyes:

But I think this WC has put me off of Italian Soccer altogether.:(

As for Ancic, it was unrealistic for him to go far this year. It is his first Wimbeldon and at the age of 18 putting out a good player like Federer is ok. In a few years we may have another champion.;)

Ljubicic lost aswell which leaves Iva Majoli as the only Croatian player left although something tells me she won't last long either.:(

·
Registered
983 Posts
Re: sure keep dreaming Petko

Oluja said:

Petko, my cousin's girlfriend's uncle's teacher's mailman's butcher said that Dokic loves the BBB and has a poster of Zvonimir Boban in her room. After all, she's from Croatia...and loves a great soccer country;)
LOL :howler: :D

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
allright, jokes aside, let's not get carried away with it.

Petkovic's post is a cleverly disguised shot at Croatia once again, it leads me to believe that he's not here to talk sports, but to get a rise out of us.

I seriously doubt Ancic said that, but then questioning the sincerity of Petko's claims is nothing new here.

Replies such as that of Oluja are to be expected when naked provocations are subtly inserted into an otherwise sound post.

I'll keep this open in the trust that we can still discuss the matters at hand.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
Oluja my friend there are tonnes of Croats out there who love to cheer for Lazio and their Ultras.

There are more Uncle Tom Croatians out there than Worldcom shares on the NYSE.

Capitalism-Anglo-Saxon Mafia.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:D

Man, i think i better dont open another thread here:rolleyes: ;)

No matter really good intentions, we somehow manage to turn it upside-down:(

Cool it off guys, will you?:)

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
loser

Hey Il -not so -genio, bite me Stay out of our business and worry about your own garbage team...

Ero-keep up the excellent work. Petko is a little disturber. He's kind of like a mosquito...you know harmless but always buzzing around annoying the hell out of you...

And il -obvisously not so-genio, there are wars between us and them becasue they won't stop digging around our forum. Tell your little bumchum petko to pick you up so you can march together in the pride parade tommorow in Toronto...you damn peder!

Down with Lazio!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: loser

Oluja said:
Hey Il -not so -genio, bite me you ****!
Stay out of our business and worry about your own garbage team...

Ero-keep up the excellent work. Petko is a little $hit disturber. He's kind of like a mosquito...you know harmless but always buzzing around annoying the hell out of you...

And il -obvisously not so-genio, there are wars between us and them becasue they won't stop digging around our forum. Tell your little bumchum petko to pick you up so you can march together in the pride parade tommorow in Toronto...you damn peder!

Down with Lazio!
Yeah ... ok, that's real classy man ! I congratulate you, you're a real man now. ;)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
genio keep that language out of our forum. If you are not familiar with Petkovic's antics, maybe someone will have the energy to fill you in. It's not because of his nationality, it's his tendency to argue and insult, swear, mud sling and post outright falsehoods which has happened dozens of times. Every thread he's posted in was soon closed, he was ejected from his moderator position because of his behavior.

aca you're right on the dot again man, it's getting rather shameful that we can't keep a conversation going lately, funny, it could be and has been done before Petkovic reappeared

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ero said:
aca you're right on the dot again man, it's getting rather shameful that we can't keep a conversation going lately, funny, it could be and has been done before Petkovic reappeared
It takes two to tango;)

I'll tell you all guys what the core of the problem is. ;)

We read eachother's posts through magnifying glass:D (although sometimes it seems that we are using through the microscope;) :tongue: ). And if you look for something long enough, you'll find it;) And as soon as we find it, we have to make it a point that everyone knows we found it. Next move is to pull out something from our warehouse of offences and something from our big pile of rubbish that exists between us and start throwing it on the other side. and here we go again;)

The only way to avoid this is to leave the rubbish at home and dont take it out in public, dont wash our dirty clothes here. Second part is to show some sensitivity & chose your own words when posting something. We all know what will provoke other side, yet we still chose to post it.

Petkovic, even what you said is truth, why to hell did you have to come out with it here? There was a risk that someone will not take it lightly. IF in doubt about possibility that your post will provoke mess, skip it. Thats all.

It's pity that the old grudges have to come up & haunt us over & over again. The article i posted when i opened this thread is coming from B92, Serbian news agency. Note the wording of the article: "Hrvati pave cuda na Wibledonu", "jasno je da je pred njim velika buducnost i u globalnim razmerama" and so on. :) They gave credit where credit was due. :) Thats exactly what we here have to do.

And for the ones that said stuff about Lazio:D, dont forget that Boksic was one of Lazio's champions;) and I'm sure that there will be Croatian Lazio fans for the footballing reasons;)

Cheers:)

Aca

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.