Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Macca has played the last few games at Real and after an injury and loss of form he has been one of their best players. I think he has won over Del Bosque as he is not getting substituted.
His main problem seems to be the wages he is on.
I think that he gets on with his team mates as he is always seen having a laugh in training. He's also talking to Anelka unlike a lot of Real players.

------------------
WITH HOPE IN MY HEART

M

·
0 Posts
Hey, Pool_till_I_die, it would be great if you keep us updated about Macca from time to time.
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
I think that has a lot to do with it. Also Macca has sympathized by saying that it is hard to adapt etc.

M

·
0 Posts
The reason Macca speaks to Nikola$ is that Steve is a very good person, modest and warmhearted, loving and caring. Also, as a person he is much smarter than most of the players. I know that from reading and listening to zillions of interviews with him. And he would never critisize his fellow professionals, let alone the teammates. Look how he behaves on the soccer pitch, even after the harshest of challenges he never cries or complains to referee, he just gets up and keeps skinning the victim. He's a man.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Did you see him when Boro played us in the league cup. I think a chap called Baker was having his debut and he marked Stevie Mac which was normal. He followed him everywhere and the amount of shirt pulling that happened was unbelievable so half way through the second half, after Baker had commited one of many fouls he took his shirt off and offered it to him.
The best thing about Macca is that he will never slag anyone off and the way he has handled himself at Real is sublime.

R

·
0 Posts
Macca is always being criticized by the English press, but that is because he has been played out of position by Kevin Keegan. He is a truly model professional. He doesn't complain to refs, criticize people, stayed with Liverpool until the age of 27, never asked for a transfer, works hard on the field. He is also one of the most talented English players and can really dribble. Even if he is making 60 thousand a week, who cares? He has earned it by his behavior on and off the field. I hope the Madristas know what a class act they have.

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Macca is criticized cos he never does a serious interview - he is always joking around and so they say he doesn't care, is cocky etc and then when Shearer does an interview they ask where the personalities in footy have gone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts