Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you guys learn to love the Alb Nt? Especially for us guys abroad.

You know, this interest in the National team is kinda recent. A while ago you didn't hear much about it. Now there are around 5 sites dedicated Albanian football, and this forum has frequent posters.

How did it all begin? :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
well since i was 3 years old my grandfather started taking me to the fk tirana soccer games. some players of tirana played in the NT so i started watching the NT. My uncle is the most famous Albanian football journalist. For years he was the head of Sporti Shqiptar, wrote many books etc. So I got it from him. Plus one of my friends is a cousin of Bogdani, and because of him I also went once to the NT practise holding Strakosha's legs and helping them. Being a player under professor Agalliu I also got the chance to be one of the guys holding the balls during an NT game...Because of my uncle I met many football players coaches and I know many of them personally. I've been following Albanian soccer for some 16 years...Even though in the past we were not as good I still followed the NT. We had great players in the past, but our country was in a poor economic condition. If we had the economy that we have now, 15 years ago, in my opinion we could have made the EURO or World Cup. I think during a game in 1991...Ilir Shulku ripped his jersey during the first half of the game against Denmark i believe, and he stayed with a ripped shirt for the whole game. As teams went to halftime, they would both go with dirty shirts and shorts, second half though the Albanian team would still come back dirty.
This is how we were 15 years ago...But we have changed so much. Our economy is not bad, we don't have any problem's with FSHF.

Through tough and good times I've never given up in the NT. I hope that for once I will see the day, they make the EURO or WORLD CUP. Yeah....And I cant wait for the day TIRANA will make the CL Group Stages ;)

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
tirona_star said:
My uncle is the most famous Albanian football journalist.
:eekani:

========================

If this was for the favorite team would be diffrent but for NT :googly:
First match of Albania that I saw were actually highlights of friendly Albania - Bosnia about 10 years ago.
Most of you know how it was to live in Kosova back than, we didnt even have any albanian TV channels, but we in Gjakova (one part of the city though) we couldv see TVSH, so there it all started...they showed matches, news, highlights so at least compared to others we were informed what is goin on there.
After the war, it was easy to move so we went to Albania often, and actually my first ever match in stadium was a friendly against Sweden, and that was aswell the promotion of TKZ, we were not in big number (around 35).
My greatest experience is of course the match vs Greece :proud: I could write here all day about the whole trip there, how excited we were before the match... during the match and than all that party after the match, I will never forget that.

Waiting for the Euro qualifications :)

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Well, when I was in Kosova, I was just a little kid, used to go and play in playstation shops, football was everything for me. One night I went to play playstation and asked the guy if he can put a football game, I was 7 or 8 years old, so he did put the game and asked me what team do I want to choose, I said Shqiperin, the guy goes, they are not good enough, I go, it's ok I want to play with them. From then on, the war came, I left Kosova, "gyrbeti" makes you a patriot, used to fight at school just because someone said something bad about Albania or Kosova.

The first match I managed to watch on TV was here in the England when we played against England, before the match this Jewish kid asked me "you going to watch the match", I said yes, he goes " England will win", I said **** no, we will destroy you. The match came on, my heart was beating so hard, I thought I was going to die, so from then on, I always tried to find a channel to watch the Albanian matches, which we all know our channels are really ****ed up, and I used to go crazy when I didn't manage to watch any matches. Still today I go crazy for them. One day I hope to go and watch a match in Qemal Stafa, until that day comes I will try and manage to watch them in TV or internet.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The first Albania NT game that I watched was in 1991 ... A loose 5-1 against France in the EC 92 Qualifier !

That day, Ilir Kepa, one of the Albanians forwards, offered me his shirt after the game !

But I really follows the NT since 1998 and the famous game against Germany (4-3) !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts