Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think any of you will argue that Tim Howard has been a revelation this season - he has provided stability where there was uncertaintly in the form of Fabien Barthez in the past.

However in 3 games in particular I have noticed a weak spot which he will hopefully rectify over the coming games.

It seems to me that he is susceptible on shots low down to his left - a fact shown by 3 particular games:

vs Stuttgart (a) - for the goal by Szabics the ball was rolled down low to his left and "passed" into the net

vs Villa (a) - although defelcted, the bal trickled in off Brown after Barry's shot

vs Wolves (a) - Miller shot low to his left and he flapped at it and let a soft shot in.

Please don't think this is an anti-Howard post because I love the guy's attitude and the fact that once again we have a true presence in the Utd goal :cool:

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Pav said:
I don't think any of you will argue that Tim Howard has been a revelation this season - he has provided stability where there was uncertaintly in the form of Fabien Barthez in the past.

However in 3 games in particular I have noticed a weak spot which he will hopefully rectify over the coming games.

It seems to me that he is susceptible on shots low down to his left - a fact shown by 3 particular games:

vs Stuttgart (a) - for the goal by Szabics the ball was rolled down low to his left and "passed" into the net

vs Villa (a) - although defelcted, the bal trickled in off Brown after Barry's shot

vs Wolves (a) - Miller shot low to his left and he flapped at it and let a soft shot in.

Please don't think this is an anti-Howard post because I love the guy's attitude and the fact that once again we have a true presence in the Utd goal :cool:
I wouldnt agree with the villa gaol, but you are on to something.
I havent praised or criticised Howard as much as most, but I do think that the other 2 goals you mentioned were dodgey keeping. I was disgusted that Millers shot went through his arms in the replay. IU think the fcat that hes played so well has protected him from the wrath of united fans. Also 1 goal shouldnt be enough for Wolves to beat united anywhere anytime!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
agree with Drummer, he can't be blamed for the Villa goal, but i do think he is weak on his left handside, he's also not great on crosses from the left, for which he has to use his left hand as a cushion and his right hand to grasp, he's dropped a lot of crosses from the left this season.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
The guy's still learning.The jump from MLS to PremierLeague must have been huge but credit to him for handling the pressure so well so far.

His handling of crosses still leave a lot to be desired but his shot-stopping and overall authority inside the box looks very promising.We neededs someone like him and at 24,I am sure the American has many good years at United.

D

·
0 Posts
Saving shots like the goal against Wolves, and the one in Stuttgard are basic things and nothing to do with a move from America to Engladn

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
yes but they still have to be done.The save from Okocha is perhaps the save of the season so far and Howard's been big whenever called upon.

All he needs is time to gain experience at this level and he's gonna keep on learning from every game.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
He's done well all season, he does tend to spill the ball when it is played from the left side but he's still learning the ropes and will continue to improve. I'm very pleased we have bought him, he's going to be very very good in the next few years.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Even the great Dane took him 2 years to adapt and then he was great:strong:

metrostars do not miss him..Walker is good(Howard who?) :D

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
I've been disappointed in the fella :depress:

he's supposed to suffer from tourettes,yet i have heard no evidence of it interviews. ;)

even when Clare Tomlinson interviewed him he never wavered,a true tourettes sufferer would have shouted "you shagged Bryan Robson,you filthy fat ****,apologise to the nation you hag " :D :howler:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:

even when Clare Tomlinson interviewed him he never wavered,a true tourettes sufferer would have shouted "you shagged Bryan Robson,you filthy fat ****,apologise to the nation you hag " :D :howler:
:howler::howler:

D

·
0 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
I've been disappointed in the fella :depress:

he's supposed to suffer from tourettes,yet i have heard no evidence of it interviews. ;)

Brilliant, post of the month!

D

·
0 Posts
Shaf said:
yes but they still have to be done.The save from Okocha is perhaps the save of the season so far
You must have missed Dudek's save from Angel!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts