Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think he has da talent...he is 2 raw. Now if da Manure coachin staff can harness dat talent howard will be a good 1???/?????????

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
He's too nervous. He definately has the skills to become another Friedel or Keller, but he lacks the mental steel they possess.

For Howard, the key is for him to regain his confidence with United. He had it at the start, but a mistake or two and unfair English media criticism weakened his mental state and has thus weakened much of his game.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
He might had been out of position but that was an awsome shot and it can hardly be blamed on him, even if he had been rightly positioned, he would have had a hard time stopping the shot.

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Yeah, he'll buy a goalkeeper this summer, which is a shame. Both Howard and Carroll are good goalkeepers, he just has no faith in them.

Also, Howard wasn't out of position. The way the shot was struck was not natural. It was a brilliant shot to slice right into the corner. Very bizzare, too.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Carrol is not a good GK, he has never been and he will never be. He doesn't communicate well with his defenders, has no clue what to do in crosses, hesitates all the time and is too incosistent.

Howard was a little out of position, the hsot was brilliant, but Howard was caught up slightly. He should have retreated some to his line.

Sir Alex, even when he had what was considered the greatest GK in the world, had little patience for GK's. That is the nature of most coaches. Man U will get another keeper this summer, but right now Howard has the opportunity in his hands. If he can play at the level he has shown in the past, he will have the credentials to show that its his job.
I do think that Howard still lacks the consistency to be the No1 kepper at a club like Man U, I hope he proves me wrong. I like him and root for him, even if I don't root for his team.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like your avatar , barca:D Mourinho 4 life!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Isaac, we are all intitled to our opions. Mine is based on 20yrs as a coach specializing and licenced in GK training.

IMO when Howard is in a reaction save situation he is amoung the best GKs in the world. His positioning and decision making have thus far let him down a this level. This is normal for GKs of his age many will not reach their peak until 27 or 28 because of this. A more experienced keeper would have moved back to a standard arc and possibly left as a marked player turned away from goal. It was an odd strike off the outside of the boot but that did not seem to fool Howard his dive timing was good. None the less it would have been a difficult save.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
He looks shaky and yes because his moral is lo we all no he has the talent

1 - 12 of 12 Posts