Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek:
Dheedene´s nowhere near a flop, he was the best player on the pitch today. A very solid performance on the left side, I guess it´s easier to look good against Sidibe (who still had a decent game) and Angerschmid than the likes of Elber and Amoroso. ;)
I thought the whole Viererkette was impressive, Mandl was a bit shaky though.
Panis and Wagner fought a lot in midfield, Janocko did his impressive dribblings, Flögel was amazing, but they all lacked in finishing. Just like the strikers, who all 4 were a bit disappointing.
Still, the game ended just like I predicted, Ried fought for 90 minutes, they kept it 0-0 for 45 minutes, but then the better team scored and won the game 2-0.

I´m already looking forward to the first derby on August 7th. :devil:

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
My opinion differs on some points, but in general a good review. Imo most amazing was the crowd: 9500 against Ried!!! What happened this summer?

Begeistert hat es mich nicht, aber hauptsache das Ergebnis stimmt einmal, mit den nächsten Runden wird auch das Spiel besser werden. (Obwohl es teilweise schon wunderschöne (Kurz-)Aktionen gab.)

Positiv überrascht hat mich Dheedene, sehr gutes Spiel heute.
Negativ die Innenverteidigung. Da gibt's sowohl offensiv als auch defensiv noch einiges zu verbessern.

Mandl 2: Ein kleiner Patzer in der ersten Hälfte; mit seiner unfreiwillig spektakulären Fußabwehr kurz vor Schluß hat er uns den Sieg gerettet. Sonst solide wie immer.
Dheedene 1: Sehr gutes Spiel, sowohl offensiv als auch defensiv. Recht gute Flanken, weite Einwürfe. Spektakuläre Spielweise. (Fallrückzieher!)
Akoto 4: Zu viele Dribblings, Abstimmungsschwierigkeiten, teilweise schlimme Patzer, keinerlei brauchbare Aktionen nach vorne.
Ratajczyk 3-4: Ebenfalls Abstimmungsprobleme, kommt noch nicht ganz mit der 4er-Kette zu recht - zu liberomäßig, nach vorne wie Akoto so gut wie nicht vorhanden.
Dospel 3-4: Viele Stellungsfehler, auch er mit Abstimmungsproblemen, dafür ziemlich viel für die Offensive getan.
Panis 2-3: Solide Leistung, harmoniert mit Gilewicz (nona), schwach in Zweikämpfen - fast nie an seinem Gegenspieler im direkten Duell Sieger.
Wagner 3: Eher schwache Leistung, konnte nicht als Spielgestalter auffallen.
Flögel 1-2: Sehr guter Einstand beim violetten Comeback. Kampfstark, spielerisch gut drauf. Guter Schuß in Hälfte 2 bei dem Oraze sehr gut gehalten hat.
Janocko 3-4: Am rechten Flügel nicht wirklich aufgefallen, zu oft mit dem Zug in die Mitte. Kann wesentlich mehr.
Gilewicz 2: Guter Einstand, auch wenn ihm bei weitem nicht alles aufgegangen ist. Schönes Tor.
Rushfeldt 3-4: Eine seiner schwächsten Partien für uns, konnte sich kaum durchsetzen, eigentlich nie wirklich gefährlich, konnte mangels brauchbarer Flanken seine Kopfballstärke nie zeigen.
Linz 3: Unauffällig, ähnlich wie Rushfeldt.
Helstad 2-3: Solide Leistung, gute Vorarbeit beim 2ten Tor, kann aber wohl auch mehr.
Hopfer 1: In den fünf Minuten seiner Spielzeit hat er Schwung gebracht, die rote Karte herausgeholt, ein Tor gespitzelt - was will man mehr?

Fazit: Würde es nächstes Mal mit Scharner statt Ratajczyk oder Akoto probieren um etwas mehr Drang nach vorne zu erzeugen.

P.S.: Nice to meet both of you Vio and Alexx for some minutes/seconds. ;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, that bicycle kick by Dheedene left me stunned! :)

9500 spectators is amazing, but it was quite obvious, a lot of people were eager to see the new FAK-squad starting the season.
I should have known, but this way West was unfortunately sold out, so I had to settle at Sektor A, Tribüne Nord, also nice.
And the quest for a friggin parking lot was great fun, I arrived at my seat just in time for the kick-off. ;)

As for the ratings, I´d go for the following:
Mandl 3: Like I already mentioned, he wasn´t safe in some situations.
Dheedene 1-2: How wrong I was! :)
Akoto 3: Not bad, but just like you said, he didn´t do much for the attacks.
Ratajczyk 2-3: Always fun to watch, what a force! :)
Dospel 2-3: I actually liked him a lot today, great to see him and Dheedene joining the attack on the wings against weaker opposition, such as Ried.
Panis 2: Better than I thought he´ll be. And better than Janocko on the other wing...
Wagner 3: Fought a lot, won the ball quite a few times, but he lacked some creativity.
Flögel 1-2: He learned a lot in Scotland and had some brilliant scenes. He should have tried to shoot more often though.
Janocko 3: Disappointing, especially if you´re aware of his potential. A lot of good dribblings, but lacked his usual genius touch.
Gilewicz 3: Apart from his goal, he didn´t do much. Or maybe I have missed something. :)
Rushfeldt 4: The worst Austria-player.
Linz, Helstad 3-4: Haven´t seen much of them.
Hopfer 2-3: Very involved.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
how do you guys rate people? I guess you don't follow the standard 1=horrible - 10=amazing scale :D

Sort of weird that Helstad starts on the bench, but if effort on training is decisive, I guess Helstad and Kvisvik are in troube.. they are lazy buggers :) Great to see Austria win though, hope someone will keep me updated on hos Helstad is doing.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I use the system that is used in Austrian schools most of the time:

1 ... best mark
5 ... worst mark

I think Helstad, Kvisvik and Rushfeldt have problems to adjust to the temperatures at the moment and they're lacking a bit of "integration". I think Helstad will replace Gilewicz in the starting line-up quite soon though and also Kvisvik could find the his way into the team quite soon, if he use the chances he'll get.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
the tempratures? it can't be that much colder in austria?

Kvisvik always had trouble getting into the starting 11 for the first couple of rounds every season, but always got there, and was excellent when he got the chance.. but not sure how the austrian style of footy is, so he might have more trouble adjusting..

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I think we still had about 30 degree celsius at kick-off (19:30) yesterday...

Rushfeldt needs crosses - something he didn't get yesterday. I expect Kvisvik to get a chence the next or the third game of the season.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think so, too. Schachner is a clever coach, the rotation (Kvisvik for Panis, Helstad/Linz for Rushfeldt/Gilewicz, etc...) will start soon.
Dheedene should have a secure first team place after yesterdays performance though. ;)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I don't know Linz and Gilewicz, but strange to not play Rushfeldt and Helstad together, they are quite different type of players, and would complement eachother very well. Helstad's speed and Rush's headers and heavy shouts would be a scary combo.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I think it's a smart move because of some player-regulations. We have a - imo stupid - regulation that there have to be at least 9 Austrians and a maximum of 9 foreigners on the field and bench. So there's the axis Gile, Rush, Panis (one Austrian) and Helstad, Kvisvik, Linz (also one Austrian) - other combinations wouldn't fit that good for this regulation.

btw: Gilewicz style of play is quite similar to Helstad's and Linz will be Rushfeldt's successor in I guess about one and a half years.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
aha, wasn't aware of that. Sounds a bit silly actually.. I mean.. if they already allow 9 foreigners.. If it had been like max 3 foreigners on a team, I could have understood it.. but 9? :D

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
The game was as expected...heavy problems in central defence, where Akoto is somewhere between madness and brilliance and Ratajczyk, who is not that much a boss as he has been in the 3 man defence, didn't form a real partnership.
Dheedene was exciting, Flögel actually did Wagner's job and Janocko...he needs a better understanding with Dospel.

Rushfeldt looked tired right from the start, while Helstad was very eager, but didn't get the right balls. At one time, Panis could have sent him off to score, but (surprisingly? :rolleyes: ) passed the ball elswhere...Linz looked very eager to impress, too.

My squad for the Kärnten game:
Mandl
Dospel - Scharner - Ratajczyk - Dheedene
Janocko - Flögel - Hasek - Panis
Helstad - Gilewicz (talking 'bout counter attacks....)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
....also, in addition to the mentioned obvious striker pairs, I guess there could be a counter attack pair Helstad-Gile. This one looks very effective to me and I personally would use it coming tuesday away at FCK.

PMDF

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Yeah, Helstad is lethal in counter-attacking. Send a long-ball his way, and he's off. He's got an insane acceleration when in form, and there wasn't really any defenders in Norway that could follow him. He is fast and all, but his acceleration the first few meters is the most impressive to me. Unfortunatly, he was too quick for the line-refs.. They always thought he was offside, cause suddenly there was meters between him and the defense. Hopefully you got better referees in Austria :D
He's got one problem though... he tends to shoot too quickly, instead of just rounding the goalie. He usually have the time to do it, but is too eager to shoot. Hopefully he'll get rid of that in Austria :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...Jinxter, thanks for that information. I'm now totally convinced Helstad will be a non-scorer, as our ref assistants are just the worst in the world... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
great, you're in for a fun season then :p
it got so bad we started to do statistics on how often he was in offside compared to other strikers, and how many times it was correct decisions.. in some matches, he had 80% wrong ref calls against him :rolleyes:
and still, he was topscorer two years running.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
.... :)

I hope he settles as soon as possible. Both Brann boys face pretty tough competition, a situation which is probably new to Thorstein. Ray has Panis as his "rival". Panis is a eager runner and fighter, but also has the technical skills which earned him a place in our NT.

But Helstad has the league topscorer from 2 and 3 years ago, he has the guy who was the folk hero among strikers for years and the club's topscorer for years, he has Linz, one of the two most promising youngsters in Austria and he has Rushfeldt. That makes 5 good strikers for a 4-4-2....

What I don't understand is the talk about Thorstein and Ray still to get in good physical shape. This is reasoned by "they had to do 2 tough pre season preparations".

I mean, what is that ? If that's the problem, then why not beforehand sending all the other boys in the woods for the hard physical routines and the two guys who already had that, only do training which is done during a season and participate in tactical sessions and training with the ball. I can't believe it was done differently and then they talk about "oh, now they are so tired, because they had two season preparations........" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
I have no idea about the phyiscal bit, I've never seen Kvisvik in good condition, so not sure what to say there :D And Helstad isn't really into running and such, not sure what's up with that. He's very fast, and he rarely gets tired, but it seems like endurance training bores him, so he doesn't give it everything.. and that sometimes makes coaches think he's not in good condition. If given a chance as a starter, I'm sure he'll be convincing.

When it comes to the competition.. If you got any better strikers than Helstad, I'll be impressed. Rushfeldt shouldn't be in his league, but maybe the Austrians, since I know nothing about them. Would be fun to see Austria play sometime, but not much chance of seeing your games over here :(

I'm a big fan of Kvisvik, he's like a typical anti-hero. Kind of reminds me of a sober Gascognie. Can do amazing things with the ball when he feels like it, got excellent passes, and sometimes put down a lot of effort... but sometimes he's just stumbling around, looking out of place. I don't know.. if he doesn't get the manager's confidence, I'm not sure what will happen. He's got trouble proving himself in practices. It's only in games he truely shines.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
You just have to wait for this year's UEFA-Cup final. ;)

btw: In August I'm probably staying for some hours in Bergen. What are the most important sight-seeing "objects" and where's the stadium?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts