Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well udinese have a great little tridente of their own who have been sensational this season,Di natale,Di Michele and Iaquinta.How do you rate them against other top trio's.

·
Registered
154 Posts
They are not that good. I actually think Udinese plays better when there are just two attackers. Di Natale-Iaquinta-Di Michele are great in counterattacks but when the other team defends with eight they miss a certain creativity.

As for the rest of Serie A this year I think that Cassano-Montella-Totti is a little overrated as a unit. Make no mistake, as individual player they are all fantastic, but against good defenses they suffer because they are too static. In counterattacks they are deadly.

I really liked Lecces Pinardi-Bjelanovic-Bojinov earlier in the year. Bjelanovic may not have scored many goals for a center but he was good at distracting the defense and this helped make Bojinovs runs deadly. Of course this unit was helped by the fact the Lecce plays almost exclusively counterattacks.

I also like Cagliaris Langella-Zola-Esposito. Zola makes it all happen with his genius. Without him the pace of Langella-Esposito would not be worth much.

None of these units beats the classic Amoroso-Bierhoff-Poggi trio of 1997-1998.:)

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
They are not that good. I actually think Udinese plays better when there are just two attackers. Di Natale-Iaquinta-Di Michele are great in counterattacks but when the other team defends with eight they miss a certain creativity.
we never have 2 attackers since When Di Natale or Di Michele doens't play ...Mauri become the third ...or Marek,ecc ...
Right now i prefer Di Natale And Iaquinta too...but when Totò is in form ...all them 3 together are absolutely great.

Amoroso,Olly and Poggi 4 life:heart:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IMO the 3 are great and have been exceptional,As I've seen it when Di Michele has missed something has been lacking.The roma tridnte are outstanding considering the way things are at the club,I hate to be biased but Kaka-Sheva-Inzaghi is certainly up there to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts