Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How would you set up your team's tactics?

I'd organize Botafogo completely different to what Bonamigo is doing. I'd use a 3-4-2-1.

--------------------Jefferson-----------------------
----------Rafael Marques--Scheidt---Emerson--------
Cesar Prates------Tulio----Leandro Carvalho-------Daniel
--------Marcelinho (or Almir)-----Ramon---------------
--------------------Alex Alves-----------------------

This combination takes advantage of what the players do best. Marcelinho will have space to work the wings and Ramon will have someone to share creative responsibilities. Scheidt is far too slow to mark forwards one-on-one, but he can be a very useful sweeper – and with the promising Rafael and the experienced Emerson we'd have a backline that combines strenght and pace quite well. Daniel, the reserve leftback, is too much of a winger to work in the 4-men defenses that Bonamigo is fond of, but the Marquinhos (the other leftback) is useless, so I prefer Daniel – he just needs coverage, which can be provided by the three-man defense and a pair of DMs: the excellent Tulio and the workhorse Leandro Carvalho. :thumbsup:

This tactical system has the added bonus of relegating Guilherme to the bench. :happy:

What would YOUR team look like, if you were in charge? :)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently this topic didn't quite capture anyone's interest... :D

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I thought it was interesting to read your thoughts about Botafogo
though Guilherme scored both goles last game...
Was looking forward to what others will write about their teams
even though I´m not enough into any specific team
to have any opinion of how they are tactically run
but its always interesting to read peoples views of players and teams
and U always write thorough and interesting posts so I
appreciate your effort and initiativ.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I agree. I have not sufficient knowledge to analyze tactics, but I adore reading about it, and explaining things that i intuitively like any woman, feel that are right or, alternatively, very wrong

For example, it is interesting to compare some teams tactics with the NTs and than deduct why certain players are good team players but not the NT and vice-versa

Another interesting point may be talking about certain coaches and the way they apply their systems in several teams (Thinking of Luxa, but sure there are others )

·
Administrator
30,826 Posts
Actually, I would use any tatic that would exclude Fabio Jr for good :p

The thing, Atletico needs more protection before his defense (by default, it must be Henrique-Andre Luis), there is no such player. Walker is perhaps the more suitable for this position (although he looks better giving protection to one-one defense). The two full-backs (George Lucas and Rubens Cardoso) are very offensive, so it is needed more cover there.
Perhaps when Ze Antonio Returns he may play as second DM, Walker more fixed between the defenders and both of them holding more their position covering the wings when needed. Renato must be kept in the right side, he is impressive in the wing. Rodrigo as free agent (the team may be more suitable for counter-attacking games), euller and Quirino up front, Euller returning more and playing outside the area.

Something like:

------------------------------Danrley------------------------------
----------------- Andre Luis----------------- Henrique-----------------
George Lucas ----------------- Walker -----------------Rubens ----------------- ----------------- Ze Antonio-----------------

Renato ----------------- Rodrigo
----------------- ----------------- -----------------Euller
----------------- --------- Quirino.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts