Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite simply put, how would you line the team up? Would you play 4-3-2-1, 4-4-2 or another formation. Would you play Cocu in centre back or centre midfield? Saviola upfront by himself or with Kluivert. Would you even play Enke in goal!:eek: :eek: :eek: :tongue:

Since Rijkaard doesnt seem to have a clue on what tactic and team to play lets see if we can do better.

Ill start it off

-------------------Valdes--------------------

Reizeger---Puyol-----Marquez-----Navarro

--------------------------Motta-----------------
--------------Iniesta---------------------------

Overmars---------------------------Ronaldinho

--------------Kluivert----Saviola---------------

Similar tactics to those of Antic with a modified 442

Valdes in goal because hes given me the most confidence this season.

Reizeger instead of Gabri at right back because we have a winger on the right. this means that we need a defensively apt fullback. Puyol and Marquez form the centreback partnership which over time could be the best in la liga. Navarro at left back because hes the most apt we have to place their. Pena should be loaned until next season because hes developing well.

In dmc we would have Motta to break up the attacks. Because of Iniesta pace and being more vertical than Xavi i would partner him with Motta. Hes more apt at quick counter attacks and has better medium to long distribution. Likewise he can push up better and with more pace to play make. These two also played the b team together and have a good understanding.

I would use Overmars like Antic on the right instead of Quaresma. Last season Overmars played the best football of his last 4 years and thats no coincidence. His crossing efficiency went up not needing to cut in.

On the left I would use ROnaldinho. His role would be similar to that of Zidane. As he has alot of pace he can successively achieve cutting in from the left, like he did for Brazil in the world cup. From here he can create with Iniesta when attacking.

Upfront i would partner Kluivert and Saviola. These two cant play lone and together they know each other so well. They also compliment each others styles well while Sergio can be called off the bench if needed.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
yeah that would be good, i was thinking maybe something that would give more posession in midfield, putting onus on full back(s) to get forward

---------------- VV-------------------
Gabri Puyol Marquez Fernando
--------------Motta-----------------
-------Iniesta Xavi-----------------
----------Saviola - Ron------------
------------Kluivert-----------------

bit like a 4321, id only use one full back to provide the width though, more from gabri, with fernando helping the centre backs,
motta to break up attacks and xavi alongside iniesta to keep posession in midfield, saviola and ronaldinho as inside forwards pushing up to support the target man kluivert, who can knock the ball down for either of the 2, although im a bit worried by xavi getting closed down and losing the ball in midfield

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
edit, replace xavi with cocu

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
With the arrival of Edgar Davids, where will you put him? In the last match against Zaragoza, I saw Cocu in the midfield. And, I did not see any real winger at that time. No Quaresma, no Overmars?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts