Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens every four years. Right after the World Cup, clubs go hunting for the tournament's stars. Yet this World Cup has been unlike any other in terms of its upsets, its unpredictibility and its parity. How will these strange games affect the Serie A transfer season? Will Italian coaches, always searching for the next fad, going to run out and start signing players from Senegal and SKorea and the U.S. cause of their play? Or will the traditional European transfer season take place, with French, Italian, Portuguese, Argentinian and others remaining the hot commodities? How will this World Cup affect the league? Will we see different formations, strategies? Tell me your thoughts on this wide-open topic.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
If I was a manager I would be seriously looking at Marquez of Mexico. I read today that he is only 23 and he is already very solid. He is currently at Monaco. Coly the RB of Senegal looks good, he maybe worth a buy aswell. Fadiga I could see coming to Serie A and maybe Ahn of S.Korea. Inamoto also might, but is linked with PSV.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I think Lazio will sell all their Argentine players and will replace them bij Senegalese... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Who knows, we might get American players popping by too! :eek: The only one I remember coming here was Alexei Lalas. Don't know where he's disappeared to. :D

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Well for starters

Most of the argie player values will plummet, brazilians will become commodities
esp the ugly buck tooth kid Ronaldhino

We might see more japenese and korea players in the seria a but i doubt it they work well as a unit not ass players who oculd fit into seria a's assembled mercenary teams

Lav

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Alexi Lalas

is in the MLS

playing with Chicago Fire

Lav

·
Registered
32 Posts
Lav said:
Alexi Lalas

is in the MLS

playing with Chicago Fire

Lav
Lalas is playing with the LA Galaxy actually. He retired a few years ago, but has returned after a brief stint in TV...

Actually quite a few Americans are rumored to be going to Serie A. Clint Mathis and DeMarcus Beasly to Perugia, Brian McBride to Milan, and Tony Sanneh to Milan or Lazio. I suppose that nether Milan or Lazio have seen either of them play outside of this WC, because they aren't nearly Serie A quality (although if Sanneh can play the way he did in the WC he is).

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Definitely, we'll see a number of players becoming hot commodities.
Turkey players are very active nowadays in the transfer market, Sas and Umit are the best 2 examples. I am certain that the trade between Milan and Inter involving Umit has something to do with Umit's great performance in the world cup.

These players might even be alternatives for clubs with limited funds, say Milan might just focus on Marquez, knowing that Nesta or Cannavaro will cost them a lot. :)

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
Players that did it for me at the world cup that could play in Serie A:

Ronaldinho
Diof (Senegal)
Hakan Sas (Turkey)
Kahn
Ballack
Tommasson (already going to AC Milan)
R. Carlos (someone please buy him!!!!)
Marquez
Right winger for Spain (can't remember his name)
Lucio (great defender..the underrated player of Brazil!!!!)
Ferdinand.

Others that maybe did not shine but that I would like to see in Italy:

Placente
Riquelme
Pirez
Ljunberg
Raul
Figo
Hasslebank

Any other names?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts