Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd boss Sir Alex Ferguson will be given an open chequebook in the summer and told to take on Chelsea in the transfer market. (Daily Express)

·
Registered
268 Posts
lies... we will have a budget as always... perhaps a slightly larger budget than previously (as this years budget was mainly spent on rooney 12 months ahead of time)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
It's unlikely that he'll have unlimited funds, the very nature of our debt situation limits any funds in itself, lol.

However, Gill has suggested that a couple of big names will come in the summer, and they don't come cheap.

The Glazer's will realise that the club's popularity worldwide depends on the pedigree of winning things on a consistent basis. They've already provided around £20m for transfers since taking over and i'm sure they're willing to add to that to protect their investment in the long run.

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
2 world class midfielders who can play at Manchester United for a long period of time, not just short-term, Need to be signed. If it mean's not getting Ballack, so be it. I don't want a thread on XT in 2 years called ''Who will replace Ballack'' and then 07/08 summer signing's can be just decent squad players, such as Park who was signed for what? 5 Million? and he has been a very good signing who hasn't moaned about getting limited appearances this season in the first team

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
if you have unlimited funds then the least you can do is help out poorer clubs, give us £10m for Cygan, you won't miss it if you have a bottomless pit. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
The summer will be interesting....apart from Gills comments about us signing 2 class midfielders, no-one on the press has a clue how much money available is to Fergie. One week you hear for a 10m budget, the next for a 25m and so on.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
there was an interview with gnev and he said he expects there to be an improvement because we have no midfield left due to injuries and therefore we need to buy back ups..
back ups...?

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
if we get Ballack and some else decent, we can then sign good stand-by players, such as Nolan if he's willing to come and sit on the bench and get some playing time.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
yeh but from the way he said he, he talked about having a good strong squad already... as in.. they need back ups for the current midfield..
SCARED!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
_lauren_ said:
there was an interview with gnev and he said he expects there to be an improvement because we have no midfield left due to injuries and therefore we need to buy back ups..
back ups...?
This is my primary concern.

Last summer Fergie stated he was happy with the squad.

Since that statement, Keane has been lost permenantly, and Scholes for the season.

You have to wonder whether Ferguson really will buy 'backup' calibre players.

After all, in the January window there was no attempt at chasing big players. Only names like Vogel & Duscher were mentioned.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
the only thing which is keeping me optimistic is when Gill siad the players they wanted were in champs league, yes they could still be shocking, as fletcher was actually in teh champions league, but it leaves me with a little hope

·
Banned
10,200 Posts
Milan fan's want Vogel sold (in the who would you like to see leave your club thread) :eek: and they have clowns like Maldini and Shevchenko in their team :eek: ;)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
_lauren_ said:
the only thing which is keeping me optimistic is when Gill siad the players they wanted were in champs league, yes they could still be shocking, as fletcher was actually in teh champions league, but it leaves me with a little hope
Well you'd like to believe that people who were being paid millions a year to scout talent and assess abilities on a professional level, are better qualified to do so than your average fan.

Unfortunately, as it stands, even Newcastle have a better central midfield pairing than we do. :frownani:

Let's not forget that Scholes and Giggs won't be with us much longer either. A midfield without those two, in Fergie's current state of mind looks like;

Richardson - O'Shea - Fletcher - Ronaldo :undecide:

I may not have the credentials of a world class coach, or 20+ titles under my managerial belt, but I can say with some degree of confidence that a midfield comprising of Fletcher & O'Shea is unlikely to challenge for any major honours in the near future.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
I agree 100% im saying im having confidence that gill was honest and will buy two world class players evern though gnev reckons the squad is strong.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
If FErgie thinks Fletcher and Richardson are 'good'? than what does he think world class is??? Nolan? :dazed:

Concerning the original post, If money gets too tight I reckon we at Xt could pass the hat around and contribute a fee. :jester: :thumbsup:

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
BooM said:
Cygan is worse than Fletcher man. He's probably the worst footballer to play the beautiful game.
sorry, that honours goes to Gilberto Silva, Vieira just made him look like a player as he did for Giles Grimandi.

though Grimandi is 10 times the player Gilberto is.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts