Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clarence Seedorf has hit back at his critics in the media by stating that he does not feel Dutch.
The 24-year-old Inter Milan midfielder was hitting back a reports suggesting that he should not be in the team, after a run of poor form.

"If my performances aren't so constant as with my club maybe it has something to do with it." said Seedorf. "It's not pressure, it's atmosphere. Subconsciously there is a negative impact on my performance."

"I'm a Dutchman and I play for the Netherlands, but I don't actually feel accepted as Dutch."

"People earn their money with negativity these days, but I've shown I'm stronger than that. I will keep performing for my clubs."

Seedorf has been at odds with the Dutch media ever since he missed a penlaty in the 1998 World Cup against France and in a World Cup qualifier against Turkey.

"I have 50 caps, seven goals, played good matches and lesser ones, missed two penalties. Also missed others. Why do people constantly have to go on about my penalty?"

Dutch coach Frank Rijkaard is fully supportive of his controversial midfielder, despite the fact he left him out of the team against France.

"I'm sure he was disappointed to be left out, but he's been giving everything in training." said Rikaard.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
So who should be sacrificed for leaving him place in the midfield? Cocu? Davids? Ronald de Boer? or even Overmars? Zenden? No way...so keep cool, Seedorf!

But it does is sad that the crack show up again...

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It concerns me that somehow the media and in particular a certain Johan Cruyff is being so critical of the team. Nobody is saying the team is perfect, yet, but what good can it do to bring the players down especially when we have won all our game? I'm only glad that the squad itself is together. I think Cruyff et al. have their own agenda (a bitter old man who never got over his failure in 1974). Now that they see there is a real possibility of us winning the tournament, the old guys feel they reputation might be threatened. I just don't feel everyone in Holland wants the team to win. It's such a sad situation. At least if they offer solutions it would be OK but this is just blind criticism.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
SEEDORF SHUT UP!

If you don't feel Dutch: Why are you still with the Dutch national team? So shut up, and back off! We're winning without you. In fact without you we will be stronger, because no one will complain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts