Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am trying to startup a football team for kids ( 10 year olds and less). I have been trying to get some information on the internet but I still need a few pointers more especially on the coaching side. I am trying to get a guy who has never coached before, never played any form of "coached" football and was not even a good player to do the job. Can you kind people point me to some valuable coaching material I can get. Downloadable free vidoes if possible.

- what is the best age to get kids involved. 7 years?
- What kind of (foot)balls are suitable for kids. Do they just use regular balls which are used by adults or is there a size suitable for kids.

Thanks in advance guys and I hope this is the right forum for this kind of things.

·
Registered
15,674 Posts
Calcio100 said:
I am trying to get a guy who has never coached before, never played any form of "coached" football and was not even a good player to do the job. Can you kind people point me to some valuable coaching material I can get. Downloadable free vidoes if possible.
This guy's right up your street.

Calcio100 said:
- what is the best age to get kids involved. 7 years?
- What kind of (foot)balls are suitable for kids. Do they just use regular balls which are used by adults or is there a size suitable for kids.
Small footballs, small pitches. No use putting them 11 vs 11 on a full size pitch hoofing it about. Practising basic skills, refining technique, and with anything regarding kids of this age: have fun.

By the way this thread looks better set for the On The Pitch forum.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
I agree with Rodriguez. Some basic kicking and passing over a smaller distance, practicing 1-2's, free kicks and shots on target is more than enough for those youngsters. I've trained kids that age too and it's all about fun really. Maybe you could teach them the very basics of man marking but that's it really. There's no use in trying anything more than that.

Rodriguez said:
By the way this thread looks better set for the On The Pitch forum.
True. Thread moved.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Calcio100 said:
The standard size is size 5. For kids under ten size 3 would probably be a good way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts