Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Maybe someone here can help... (K4, nrk, Roger?)

What does it take to start a Barça penya?

Do the members have to be socios or Gent del Barça?

Can I start one here in Toronto?

What fees are involved (if any)?

What obligations does the Penya have towards the club?

I know that some type of application has to be made to the club in order for the Penya to be officially recognized, but I'm not sure how to
go about the whole process, especially since I don't speak Catala or Castillian (although the people I know who who might be interested in joining it do, and they might be able to help me).

If you guys have any answers to my questions, let me know. I've laways wanted to create one here.

·
Registered
967 Posts
go onto www.fcbarcelona.com , there will be information on there.
also you could write or phone the club offices for more information

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I am a member from a Dutch official penya, and I'm not a member of the club (anymore).

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tombaker66 said:
go onto www.fcbarcelona.com , there will be information on there.
also you could write or phone the club offices for more information

I looked there first, man ;) But I could only find info about becoming a socio or a Gent del Barça

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FC Barcelona9 said:
I am sorry but i dont want to sound stupid what is a Penya?

It's an official fan club (approved by the club). Barça has about 1,600 (the last I heard) around the world...

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
zyad said:
It's an official fan club. Barça has about 1,600 (the last I heard) around the world...
does anyone have any idea if there is one in manchester? by the way we should start one in Jordan :)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
zyad said:
It's an official fan club (approved by the club). Barça has about 1,600 (the last I heard) around the world...
Just e-mail the Club and ask about it, dawg. :D

I did once, I think you need to send them a picture of your fan club's badge, and they had said something about documents, I assume you just send them proof that you are a real club (club president, starting members, club home/HQ and so on), so they can officially register you.

Or if you're in an growing market area, come out themselves for a photo op. :D:D:D

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok, I'm gonna talk about it with a few other fans the next time I go out to watch a game. Then I'll email the club, and let you guys know how it went.
If anybody else has any extra info that wasn't mentioned here, let me know please.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Is there a list of international penyas anywhere?? I'd like to know if there is one in New York City and if they meet up and watch matches anywhere. As far as I know the best place to watch Barca here in NYC is at Nevada Smith's bar between 12 and 13th streets and 3rd Ave in Manhattan. Depending on the opponent there can be 50-100 Cules and the atmosphere is great. :thumbsup:

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
grba2 said:
Is there a list of international penyas anywhere?? I'd like to know if there is one in New York City and if they meet up and watch matches anywhere. As far as I know the best place to watch Barca here in NYC is at Nevada Smith's bar between 12 and 13th streets and 3rd Ave in Manhattan. Depending on the opponent there can be 50-100 Cules and the atmosphere is great. :thumbsup:

From http://www.friendsofcatalonia.com/ , I found this:

http://www.friendsofcatalonia.com/english/mission.htm

We are a nonprofit organization based in New York, with more than 300 members in 2002. In addition to our holiday celebrations, we also host meetings of the “Penya Blau-Grana” for fans of the “Futbol Club Barcelona” and an online mailing list so that members can ask and answer questions relating to work, culture, legal services, science, and other topics.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
grba2, Also I know there is a "PEÑA BARCELONISTA DE NEW YORK-NEW JERSEY", but I can't find a website for them, and I'm not sure if they're the same guys who are associated with the link I gave you above. I think that the one in this post is based in Newark (can't be too far from where you are)...

·
Registered
967 Posts
i havent checked for about a year but on sport.es there was a list of penya's but it was a bit out a date

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Thanx Zyad, I actually heard of that penya someplace in Newark but I just don't know where they're located. I'll have to do some research. BTW, I only live 20 minutes from Newark so that would be perfect.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
If anyone can find an official list of penyas, it would be very helpful. Hopefully there's one out here in Cali.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Zyad, you just put it in my mind, I'll search around, and maybe start the 1st official one in Kuwait, just to make a place for Barca fans to be together all the time :)

when you find out, what needed for the Penya and what should we do to start one, you should contact me :D

good luck with your Penya BTW

Visca el Barca :strong: :heart: :fero:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts