Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are indeed fortunate to have the injured defenders slowly getting back, bar Rivas.

Mourinho had grind out this Effective 11, through Trial and Error.

--------------JC
Maicon Cordoba Samuel Maxwell
----------Cambiasso
---JZanetti---------Muntari
-----------Stankovic
-------Ibrahimovic Cruz

Now Chivu JimeGol Figo are all back.

Versatile Chivu can play in All of the backline and in front of that. Burdisso too :D

I guess the defensively weaker Maxwell compensates with his abilities to move forward. While Chivu can Cross/pass very well as a LB.

So Max or Chivu.

For me, its Chivu. :smileani:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Didn't Mou say he's a CB?

PS: I thought he already has a thread here ...

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really... why dont you bump it up. :yawn: we are very active on this side of the world.

I cant see him jumping right in front of Samuel and Cordoba... right at this moment.

JM might use him similarly to that of Gallas for the moment. ;)

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Chivu should play as LB or as a DM. Maxwell just hasn't been that good this season for some reason. Chivu as LB would really add a lot of defensive stability.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
There is no way Chivu should start at leftback unless Max is injured or needs a rest.

With Chivu at leftback our our attacking on the left hand side is non-existent, even when Chivu manages to break forward which is once in a blue moon his crosses are way off the mark. He is defensively more secure than Max but adds absolutely nothing to our attacking game.

Max pushes forward far more than Chivu does and his crossing is excellent, plus one cannot say Max is an incompetent defender either. We have the meanest defense in Italy (probably in Europe too) even with Max at leftback.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i have said that a few times that we should try different thing...drop maxwell (he is a good player though) and play jz at left back...move chivu to DM...so we got maicon_cordoba_samuel_jz in defense...and cambi_muntari_chivu as DMs... jz isn't that good as DM...he plays better as left/right back (but no way we play him as RB because of maicon)...does chivu play as DM for romania or LB?

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Left back in big matches and then centre back at times as well as Cordoba will need some resting.

Maxwell is on way assured of his spot. Chivu's a much better player.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
i have said that a few times that we should try different thing...drop maxwell (he is a good player though) and play jz at left back...move chivu to DM...so we got maicon_cordoba_samuel_jz in defense...and cambi_muntari_chivu as DMs... jz isn't that good as DM...he plays better as left/right back (but no way we play him as RB because of maicon)...does chivu play as DM for romania or LB?
Romania he is a DM

but where would Maicon fit in this team?

JZ midfield/RB like he is right now with Maicon is working perfectly, no need to change it

Move Chivu to LB and Maxwell to the bench

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Maxwell is good at moving forward, but NOT at crosses this season. His crosses are often way off target. I wouldn't mind playing Chivu as LB for a trial.

Chivu can also play as our left side DM, insead of Muntari. That would work too if our strikers are in form to score enough goals.

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
Maxwell should be dropped in any event

Ideally I'd like to see JZ at left back

Vieira replacing him in midfield

and Chivu-Samuel at CB

ALTHOUGH I appreciate Cordoba absolutey CANNOT be dropped at the moment considering his form

otherise Chivu at LB

Maxwell is not contributing enough going forward IMO - and he' ALWAYS a liability at the back

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If Max doesn't contribute enough then with Chivu you can rest assured there will be absolutely no service coming from the left flank.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
Playing a Barcelona, I'd rather Chivu go up against Messi than Maxwell.

IF we get no service from the left, I'm willing to sacrifice that as long as we don't let Messi dominate that much (he's going to dominate either way).

·
Registered
16,173 Posts
If Max doesn't contribute enough then with Chivu you can rest assured there will be absolutely no service coming from the left flank.
yes but he can defend

if neither contributes much upfront then why not go with the one that doesn't cost you goals at the back

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
agree with pun

can't sacrifice the movement forward. the team is very stable now. in big matches i would also consider chivu. also chivu is not natural CB so would consider others before him if good enough

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Chivu should play at LB or CB. This talk of replacing Muntari is just rubbish. If Vieira could ever get his act together and remain healthy, I would replace Maxwell with Il Capitano, then either have Chivu as backup to Cordoba. Either way, I think Chivu needs to play, as he is an excellent player, and we need to find room for him.

As they say, this is a good problem. I can see both sides of the coin, with Maxwell pushing up, but not being good enough defensively.

Just to counter this, I don't think Chivu has played enough or conistently enough at the LB position to give say either way or to form a negative conclusion about thim. The only conclusion I have formed is that I would like to see him more, before exclude him from the lineup.

However if pushing up the wings is the main determining factor, then I can understand JM's position, after his failure to create the "dreaded" two winger attack. :neutral:

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
It seems Maxwell goal deceived people here apart from it he offered nothing offensively this season.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I for one ain't influenced by Maxwell's goal whatsoever.

He does contribute far more than Chivu on the left flank and his crosses are ten times better than Chivu's crosses, and on top of that our defense has been very solid lately even with Maxwell in it.

Someone mentioned that they want Chivu instead of Maxwell because Chivu can defend better against Messi. That is a very lame argument, does anyone really think that it makes a difference to Messi whether it's Chivu or Maxwell? He will eat anyone of those two for breakfast anyway, so way not put Maxwell on the left who unlike Chivu does something forward and would you believe it, as a professional player can actually cross the damn ball. :groan:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts