Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
ok...czar and ze da fiel! how should we make this forum? do we want one forum for each tourniment? or what? lets discuss this so we can make this happen.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Argentina,
I already put something in the ther forum...but its better to have the discussion here..as I always forget to go to the other place.
Let's have a LIbertadores and Mercosur forum TOGETHER...as these compatitions are not in the same time of the year. And after all the decision will be made mainly by Brazilian or Argentine clubs.

A Copa America forum..together with any youth South American competitions.

And thw world cup qualifying I think should be discussed on the national forums.....cause most people only want to know about their own countries....and its better to discuss about the teams in the own national forums....specially considering that south american club football is not respected as it should in europe....and most people come to the brazilian/argentina forum to discuss about the NATIONAL TEAMS....and therefore this would make the national forums weak!

About the northern american section, I know nothing about the MLS , Mexican football or any other competition...so really I could not be bothered with that! If you guys want to think that one on your own, that 's no problem.

What do you guys think?

Basically one Copa America forum accomplishing the youth torunaments and one forum including the Libertadores/Mercosur cup.

About other countries....I don't want to be moderater as I will not have time to follow so many forums :( But it would be cool to have a forum discussing Colombia, Peru, Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay (great defensive players) etc...etc..

Catchy phrase for Libertadores/ Mercosur forum:

Come and discuss the most disputed and passionate tournament of the world. A competition full of battles that has everything to do with its name: the Libertadores da America....in reference to Che Guevara, Simon BOlivar etc...etc..

Someone could better the last sentence!!

Copa America:
Come and discuss the oldest international competition of the world.....that engages the countries of the best footballing continent of the world!

What do you guys think?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

[This message has been edited by Ze da Fiel (edited 15-05-2000).]

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Sounds good to me. But, to you think that we could define the forums, in a broader context? By doing so we could be somewhat more inclusive of the other Countries in South America. In general though I think it's fine.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Czar and Argentina,
If you guys agree....just send it to Jan :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
argentina, well what do you think? I suppose the thing to do know is present the whole thing to Jan.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
What about the catchy phrases....don't you guys think it should be a it polished up?

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Argenitna,
i already told Jan in the moderators forum to come and see all this.
then he can edit and make the foruns :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am sorry for my total ignorance when it comes to South American competitions, but do we really need both a Libertadores/ Mercosur forum and a Copa America forum? I am not saying you cannot have both, but what differentiates them? Maybe you could shortly describe them so ignorants like me understand what they are about :) When, why, how, who etc...

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
NO problem Jan,
I know almost nothing of Danish football (your from Denmark right? :)) Although I know Brondby :) and they play in yeallow :)

The Copa America is the European Cup...done for nations (Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay etc..). It played every 2 years..the last one was last year..and Brazil won it :)

The Libertadores is the most traditional club tournament of the continent, and is always played in the first semester (although sometimes the finals are in the secnd semester, due to the WC).
Ands the Mercosur cup is a new tournament, made in the secodn semester.....it was made 2 years ago, and only invited teams can play on it. By the way, in the 2 tournaments, the 2 finals were an all brazilian teams :)
So, what i'm proposing one forum for BOTH Libertadores/ Mercosur and one forum for Copa America :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts